Almost a Year

• 5K Club

Well here we are. Were almost at the FIRST Anniversary of Phatwallet. Still glad to be here 😁

• You avatar has a “3k club” next to it, presumably 3,000 posts, in a year. That’s kind of scary.

• @kamal pshaw, that’s barely 100 posts per day!

• 500 Club

yes @ctgolfer Glad to be here!! Congrats on the 3k club too.

• 5K Club

@sublimosa said in Almost a Year:

@kamal pshaw, that’s barely 100 posts per day!

C’mon now, I don’t have it THAT bad. Only 9-10 a day average. I was doing 30-50 a day at Fatwallet for quite a while. A lot of down time then with health issues.

• @ctgolfer yeah, when old OT was stronger 9-10 posts a day was nothing, you’d get that in one good topic
    never mind if you were posting in multiple topics/ forums

• almost happy birthday. has it really been a year since we lamented and gnashed our teeth over FW?

• 5K Club

@miserly said in Almost a Year:

almost happy birthday. has it really been a year since we lamented and gnashed our teeth over FW?

Still lamenting 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

• I miss doing the annual BF T-shirt contest.

• @kamal said in Almost a Year:

You avatar has a “3k club” next to it, presumably 3,000 posts, in a year. That’s kind of scary.

I thought it meant ctgolfer has a very expensive 9-Iron. My bad.

• administrators

@ganda said in Almost a Year:

@kamal said in Almost a Year:

You avatar has a “3k club” next to it, presumably 3,000 posts, in a year. That’s kind of scary.

It’s actually 3k upvotes.

• RIP. I missed all the fruitcakes in FWF.

• 5K Club

@kamal said in Almost a Year:

It’s how many balls I have lost playing golf.

• 500 Club

Just used FF for the first time in a while. I had this in a tab.
    0_1537720810815_good bye.jpg

I had that other offshoot as a tab at one point but it was mostly FWF and no deals. Can’t even remember its name. I know that’s where Mike (Technologist) and a bunch of the other FWF folks went.

• @ctgolfer said in Almost a Year:

It’s how many balls I have lost playing golf.
    No worries. My golf game is basically consistently inconsistent.

• Global Moderator

had posted this in DD an hour ago not realizing there was a thread already, wouldn’t have found it even if I searched since I was using Fatwallet in the title.

It’s hard to believe it’s almost a year now since fatwallet.com disappeared.

Think about it pretty often, reminded of it from the t-shirts I still have in my collection plus various other goodies collected over the years.

I am thankful this site was started @dangeRuss @fivetalents it’s really nice to still interact regularly with some of the old crew over there, but miss many who I was quite surprised didn’t become regulars over here.

Life goes on, but SD will never quite do it for me. Too big, too impersonal. For instance, I won a t-shirt over there about a month ago (for what I don’t know, guess posting up good deals). filled out their form to claim it, never got it. That’s okay, probably will just keep wearing my FW BF shirts since they were so creative and distinctive.

Hope everyone from the old corral is doing well. a shout out to @mvp9596 and @NMIMW @MisterBill @VBMcGB and some others I miss interacting with on a more frequent basis.

• 500 Club

@mistercheap I hear from NMIMW on SD. We PM about cat food 🐈 but he’s resisted my hints to visit here.

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in Almost a Year:

had posted this in DD an hour ago not realizing there was a thread already, wouldn’t have found it even if I searched since I was using Fatwallet in the title.

Think about it pretty often, reminded of it from the t-shirts I still have in my collection plus various other goodies collected over the years.

I am thankful this site was started @dangeRuss @fivetalents it’s really nice to still interact regularly with some of the old crew over there, but miss many who I was quite surprised didn’t become regulars over here.

Life goes on, but SD will never quite do it for me. Too big, too impersonal. For instance, I won a t-shirt over there about a month ago (for what I don’t know, guess posting up good deals). filled out their form to claim it, never got it. That’s okay, probably will just keep wearing my FW BF shirts since they were so creative and distinctive.

Hope everyone from the old corral is doing well. a shout out to @mvp9596 and @NMIMW @MisterBill @VBMcGB and some others I miss interacting with on a more frequent basis.

LOL, I think I hit the submit button to post my reply to that thread at the same time you locked it. I’m copying what I posted here:

"I agree. I see or use FW swag in my house daily but I try not to think about it too much anyway. It took a long time to get used to habitual things like not being able to search their forums for past threads/info (the Way Back Machine only works if you already have the exact thread URL already). If you didn’t get a promised t-shirt at FW, a moderator would have apologized and personally ensured you got one ASAP, and might have thrown in a little swag too.

Relatedly, it would have been nice to have some recognition of PhW’s 1 year anniversary. It wasn’t easy to pull of what we all did on such short notice, and quite a number of people volunteered their time to make it all happen.

It is sad not to have everyone all together on one site, but I think of all of the new post-FW options, PhW was been the most active (and largest?). SD is a lot bigger and a lot more active but a lot more hostile and impersonal, and other options are much smaller, less active, and more cliquish… or don’t have a proper forum format that encourages discussion/member sharing/deal posting, etc. PhW has had it’s mis-steps, but that is to be expected and it will continue to improve over time. So, I think a number of people who migrated elsewhere may eventually find their way (back) here."

• I just tallied up how much money I’ve spent at Ratuken since they killed FW, and it is $0

• @ganda said in Almost a Year:

I just tallied up how much money I’ve spent at Ratuken since they killed FW, and it is $0

Me 2.

• I actually thought the other day how cool it would be if it just showed up again. Like someone at Ebates just backs into a switch that turns on a dusty server or something. Which I’m sure is not how it works.

That’s a pretty sad fantasy.

• Also, I miss BizzaroKKH. That guy was cool.

• Piano teacher cookie tins back at Costco BTW 🙂

Piano teacher cookie tins back at Costco BTW 🙂

And no MiniKKH’s in piano! I should get them for the organists at church. One of which is MrsKKH.

Also, my alt’s name was BizarroKKHalt. How soon we forget those most dear to us!!0_1538057971044_KKH Kapture.PNG

• administrators

Maybe whoever bought the servers on craigslist can just spin the site back up.

I just tallied up how much money I’ve spent at Ratuken since they killed FW, and it is $0

Same here, but I’ve earned $84.38 at BeFrugal 🙂

• 5K Club

@kandykornhead said in Almost a Year:

I actually thought the other day how cool it would be if it just showed up again. Like someone at Ebates just backs into a switch that turns on a dusty server or something. Which I’m sure is not how it works.

That’s a pretty sad fantasy.

I wish!!

• 5K Club

Money well spent 👍

• 5K Club

@fivetalents said in Almost a Year:

@mistercheap said in Almost a Year:

LOL, I think I hit the submit button to post my reply to that thread at the same time you locked it. I’m copying what I posted here:

"I agree. I see or use FW swag in my house daily but I try not to think about it too much anyway.

I love my FW fidget spinner and stress balls.

• I’m pissed. I need a new desktop for work with maybe some graphics power. Used to know how to find that, set topic alerts, etc. with FW. I’m sure SD has that sort of functionality, but I just feel old.

• 500 Club

@kandykornhead There haven’t been any desktop deals posted AFAIK. I use the Unread icon and scan just about every thread title and there haven’t been any desktop deals. The only laptop deals that I recall are in e.g. BF ads. Personally, if it was for work I’d just go to Dell.

I feel old everytime I get a “new & impoved Tablet Friendly” change to website. I use a full sized laptop, don’t waste my time with all the white space and big buttons. 😠

DMCA Policy

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.