$20 off $50 Digital Q for your first Grocery Pick Up order at KROGER (online ordering required, store pick up)

• Global Moderator

• Global Moderator

Some tips for those new to ClickList:

• This coupon will stack with ALL other Kroger/affiliate coupons since this 40% off discount is taken off the pre-coupon total: as long as you oder $50+, no matter which other coupons you use, you’ll get $20 off. Any calculations below specifying 40% off presume your online/pre-coupon(s) total is (or very close to) $50 before tax.

• A good example is the Friday & Saturday only 16oz $0.99 Planters Peanuts coupon which you can use 5 times on one receipt. Since they are currently on sale for $2.49, they will cost -$0.01 each after the 40% ClickList discount, or 5lbs for -$0.05 MM instead of $4.95.
      • Another good strategy is to redeem EVERY SINGLE freebie coupon on your account like the FREE 2-Liter Sierra Mist/Brisk Best Customer Bonus. Not only is it free, it is a MM because you get back 40% of the pre-coupon sale price ($1.67 x 0.40 = $0.67 MM in this case).
    • There are currently over 60 ClickList only coupons right now, and many are high value since they’re trying to increase customer use of the service. You can use the “refine by” filter on the all coupons page to see only “ClickList Only Offers” coupons under “Special Savings.”

• Note: listed separately in the filter under “CLICKLIST HOT DIGITAL OFFERs” are additional ClickList only coupons that can be used up to 5 times per order. For example, the $0.99 Nabisco Snack Crackers with ClickList purchase when you buy ONE (1) Nabisco Snack Crackers (3.5-9.10 oz). Use up to 5 times in a single transaction. So, taking 40% off 5 x $2.69 = $13.45 x $0.40 = 5.38. Instead of 5 boxes for $4.95, you could get 5 boxes for $4.95 - $5.38 = $0.43 MM on 5 boxes. If you get 5 of the ones costing $3.49, it’s $4.95 - $6.98 = $2.03 MM on 5 boxes.
      • There are several B1G1 free items and several BxGx feee coupons as well like the Buy one (1) PLANTERS NUTrition, Get 1 your second (2nd) FREE with ClickList purchase… plus 40% off the price of one before coupon (I can’t pull up the current price on this one but if we said each can is $4, $8 - 40%/$3.20 - $4 = $0.80 for two cans).
    • Don’t forget to stack coupons with Ibotta rebates. For example, Ibotta has an equivalent $0.75 rebate on this $0.75 coupon on Del Monte Fruit & Oats, plus the value of any Ibotta bonus offers or “any item” offers, if any. It is on sale right now: $2.17 - 40% ($0.87) - $0.75 - $0.75 = a $0.20 MM, at minimum.

• While placing your online order, you are allowed to write in your preferred substitution in case they are out of stock for the exact size and flavor you ordered. It can be a different flavor of the same brand, or the same size and flavor of a different brand (even it is a more expensive/premium brand as long as they’re otherwise equivalent). You can disable substitutions by item or for your entire order (or allow them to choose your substitutions for you… by item or for your entire order).

I’ve only used ClickList twice, but each time my local store managed to botch my pick up order several different ways. My advice is, in case your store is anything like mine:

• Arrive with a complete, itemized list of your order, including quantity, size, flavor, etc. Especially include the price and any sale prices (you can look them up on their site using the search tool), the value and number of any individual coupon(s) that should apply to each item (and have your Kroger My Coupons page pulled up on your mobile to prove you already clipped it), and the final price you expect to pay after all discounts. The employees mean well but get confused the more complex your order, so make sure your math is right and if what they try to charge you in the parking lot is different than it should be, go through your whole list with them until the errors are found and corrected. Note: they do a pre-authorization charge to your credit card when you checkout online but that won’t include any individual coupons or this ClickList $20 discount (it’s annoying to not know what your final charge will be, but it is also giving you much bigger savings because coupons are not counted in your required minimum spend).
    • Also, ask them to show you every single item in their wagon before they load it in your car (on my last order, 7 items were missing although I had been charged for them).
    • Lastly, don’t be embarrassed to hint at/outright ask for an accommodation if they really screw up an order and don’t offer an accommodation (one time, without asking, I was given an additional discount and the other time a free/waived pick-up fee of $4.99 on a future order)… it’s only fair if they have you sitting in the parking lot 10 times longer than it should take to fix their errors.

The last ClickList order I did, I only had a 20% ($10 off $50) coupon, but I still managed to only pay $21 for $50 worth of groceries. I could have done better but I needed to replenish some essentials that weren’t on sale and didn’t have any coupons.

HTH (after writing all of this, I feel like one of the hard-core original FWers).

• @fivetalents And when they bring your order out, and your all done running it against your 20-point checklist, don’t forget to give them a BIG TIP! I’m thinking they earned it!

• Global Moderator

@ukedog said in $20 off $50 Digital Q for your first Grocery Pick Up order at KROGER (online ordering required, store pick up):

@fivetalents And when they bring your order out, and your all done running it against your 20-point checklist, don’t forget to give them a BIG TIP! I’m thinking they earned it!

If they accepted tips I would, but they’re not allowed. Store policy.

BTW, everything with coupons and discounts is done automatically by their computer system. The errors occur during fulfillment (pulling items off the self): that’s the easiest part! I’m not sure why you think I should feel bad that they keep screwing that part up. After the wrong items are pulled, it is a painstaking process to run through the itemized order and the math, and what’s in their wagon to convince them what’s wrong (so they usually get a manager who gets it right away… well, easier at least, and fixes everything). That’s not my fault… I’m not going to pay more than I’m supposed to/not speak up because the items in the buggy are wrong based on something they did (wrong items means coupons don’t get deducted, including large $10 and $20 coupons).

I want to tip them because they’re such nice people, but don’t think they deserved to be tipped for forgetting items or pulling the wrong items when they have SKUs and pictures of the items. If they hadn’t messed several items in my 1st order, I wouldn’t have needed (or now recommend) a “20-point checklist” as you so sarcastically termed it, and good thing I made the list because my 2nd order was much more screwed up than the 1st one. If the items are right, the math and all the discounts apply correctly automatically. “You had one job…”

• Well, I couldn’t resist the $20 off $50 coupon. I placed my first order today for pick up tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

• @harperr said in $20 off $50 Digital Q for your first Grocery Pick Up order at KROGER (online ordering required, store pick up):

Well, I couldn’t resist the $20 off $50 coupon. I placed my first order today for pick up tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

It went pretty well. It took a little while for them to bring it out to me after I called the number on the sign to let them know I was there. But all of the coupons seemed to work. All in all a decent experience. I’m not sure I would use it again without a special coupon though. I don’t feel I really saved much time by doing it.

• Global Moderator

@harperr said in $20 off $50 Digital Q for your first Grocery Pick Up order at KROGER (online ordering required, store pick up):

@harperr said in $20 off $50 Digital Q for your first Grocery Pick Up order at KROGER (online ordering required, store pick up):

Well, I couldn’t resist the $20 off $50 coupon. I placed my first order today for pick up tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

It went pretty well. It took a little while for them to bring it out to me after I called the number on the sign to let them know I was there. But all of the coupons seemed to work. All in all a decent experience. I’m not sure I would use it again without a special coupon though. I don’t feel I really saved much time by doing it.

Glad to hear you had a smooth experience. Both times I did mine, I can’t tell you how many people I saw come and go after getting their orders within a few minutes while I waited and waited for mine to be corrected. I’m like you in that I only use click list when they have a dollar off coupon and free delivery (I think the $20 off $50 is a first time only offer, then it drops down to $10 off $50 for repeat buyers). They often have digital coupons that waives the $5 delivery fee if you buy XYZ, but that’s not worth it to me (unless the required purchase items are things I want/use and there are several other high value click list only coupons to stack… but that’s never happened for me). It’s definitely not a service you use to save time, but I could see it being used regularly by people with physical disabilities, the elderly, people picking up orders for someone else, parents who don’t have child care and find it a nightmare to bring young kids into grocery stores, etc.

• Mine was a disaster. Ended up returning the whole order. The $20 didn’t come off and they said it was after all other discounts, not before. They were out of 2 of the mega items, so I didn’t get that discount. They took a lesser amount coupon off an item instead of the best customer coupon. Don’t know if I will ever attempt again. We went in the store before I picked up the order to get some other items, should have parked the car in the pickup spot, that’s how long it took. Not apologetic, wouldn’t give me the discount, so back went the whole order. Stopped at the other Kroger in town, got my 5 mega items and a few of the things to replace the other order. Our Walmart in town is just now getting ready to do grocery pickup, let’s see how that goes.

• Global Moderator

@briarycliffs said in $20 off $50 Digital Q for your first Grocery Pick Up order at KROGER (online ordering required, store pick up):

Mine was a disaster. Ended up returning the whole order. The $20 didn’t come off and they said it was after all other discounts, not before. They were out of 2 of the mega items, so I didn’t get that discount. They took a lesser amount coupon off an item instead of the best customer coupon. Don’t know if I will ever attempt again. We went in the store before I picked up the order to get some other items, should have parked the car in the pickup spot, that’s how long it took. Not apologetic, wouldn’t give me the discount, so back went the whole order. Stopped at the other Kroger in town, got my 5 mega items and a few of the things to replace the other order. Our Walmart in town is just now getting ready to do grocery pickup, let’s see how that goes.

Yeah, I experienced everything you described… twice, LOL. The exception was that my click list folks are really friendly, were very apologetic (and embarrassed at how messed up my second order was), and did everything to fix the errors, despite the several trips needed because the manager had to go back into the store to the register to ring the order up again and print a new receipt until it was right.

Remember that coupons come off automatically, so it doesn’t matter how the employees think they should or will be applied… all they have to is ring up what you actually ordered. You might be take the time to clue them in but you don’t have to, just get them to ring up everything up as ordered (even if it’s out of stock). That’s why substitutions are critical, even for the 5x Friday/Saturday mega items… no matter which qualifying substitution they put in your cart, they’re supposed to ring up the original item on your receipt was so you pay exactly what was promised online. So, always type in a couple of acceptable subs on your online order and have others ready to request in person if needed (either flavors/varieties or brands). The manager on my second order didn’t get that they’re to ring up the original item and just swap out the substitution (they have a way to note/track it internally)… this didn’t impact my $10 off coupon or any other coupons because the subs were more expensive than the OOS items (so my total before discounts was still over $50) and the OOS items had no other applicable digital coupons. Her solution was to just credit me the nearly $20 price difference on the multiple subs and I let it go since it didn’t impact any coupons (it would have impacted your order though).

However, with the system taking the lesser of two coupons on the same item: I’ve had that problem at self checkout and the CSR has always had to manually credit the difference before I pay. The click list folks may not be willing to do that or asking on an order with multiple problems may needlessly complicate things. I’d nullify the problem before ordering by deleting the lower value coupon from my account when I place my order. After you pick up your order you can add the lesser coupon back to your account if it is still available.

I’d call customer service to describe your experience, including not being offered an accomodation. I didn’t call for either of my botched orders because the staff treated me well and did everything they could to make things right. However, if I had your experience, I would definitely complain. You might get a store credit applied to your account for the mishaps and time drain, AND you can ask to speak to the click list department to find out exactly how substitutions and other problems are supposed to be handled correctly in case you decide to try the service again.

If you try again (maybe select pickup at a different store?) and have problems in the future, I’d ask for a manager ASAP since the folks who bring your order to your car don’t know most of how the discounts work or what has to be on the receipt. You want to be dealing directly with the person who is ringing up your receipt or you’ll just eventually end up repeating everything to a manager anyway. Like yo, I was ready to walk away from/cancel both orders and questioned if I’d ever use click list again. Right now I’d only risk putting myself through this again if the total order coupons + individual coupons + sales + Ibotta etc. nets me at least 60% off. However, time dulls pain and I know I’ll get tempted any time I see a $ off $50 plus free pickup coupon… plus I’ve seen so many others pull up, get the correct order, and drive off within minutes so I know it is possible and in time I’ll convince myself that could happen to me too, LOL.

• Global Moderator

@briarycliffs A day or so after I said I wouldn’t order unless I save 60%+ after all discounts, I got a coupon for $10 off $50. Still not tempting enough given the potential headaches I’ve personally experienced. However, I think I may have just put together an order that you could get free or be a MM (I’m not sure if you forfeit the overage unless you pad your order with something they can charge you for). Anyway, this combo only uses one non-Click List coupon for 50% off candy, the rest are Click List freebies, so there are many other options with Best Customer freebies, Free Friday freebies, $0.99 Fri/Sat offers, etc. Check it out and see what you think: https://phatwalletforums.com/topic/11357/extra-50-off-halloween-candy-home-merchandise-ac-kroger-affiliates-exp-10-21-2018/3.

• Global Moderator

The clickList manager told me today that this recurring $20 off a $50 online order coupon is worded wrongly and will be pulled after today. Well, the coupon expires today, but I think he meant that when it is offered again in the future your balance will need to be at least $50 after all other discounts to get the $20 off (instead of “when you spend $50 or more online”). We’ll see.

ETA: Data point… the next day Sun 10-21, I get a reminder email from Kroger to use the $10 off $50 version of this coupon. It is still loaded to my account (exp. 10-29), and it still says “when you spend $50 or more online.” You’d think if these coupons were being “corrected” going forward, this one would have been pulled and reissued or the terms updated/modified.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.