Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.

• Has anyone else started getting these? We’ve had 2 calls in the last couple of days where the computer calling is trying to start an argument, presumably to record our voice. For what purpose? The first call Mrs. ganda picked up, the computer knew her first name, and tried to start an argument about why Mrs. ganda’s phone number was “in my man’s phone, why is he calling you all the time?” The second call I picked up and the computer said it was a neighbor, that my daughter had kicked their dog, and their dog needed surgery, and started yelling at me.

Weird stuff. I don’t get the attempted scam, I don’t use voice recognition on anything.

• Weird! Glad I’ve been warned.
    I switched to ObiTalk VoIP with Google Voice and have it set to screen all calls that aren’t in my Contacts - really helps with the spam calls.

• administrators

@ganda said in Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.:

The second call I picked up and the computer said it was a neighbor, that my daughter had kicked their dog, and their dog needed surgery, and started yelling at me.

• @mom2jel said in Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.:

Weird! Glad I’ve been warned.
    I switched to ObiTalk VoIP with Google Voice and have it set to screen all calls that aren’t in my Contacts - really helps with the spam calls.

What if it’s the Publishers Clearing house calling to say you have won $5000 a week for life? Or a hospital calling about a relative in a car accident?

• @atikovi said in Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.:

@mom2jel said in Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.:

What if it’s the Publishers Clearing house calling to say you have won $5000 a week for life? Or a hospital calling about a relative in a car accident?

Goes to voice mail, or if they tell me who they are I can decide to pick up or send to voice mail.
    I actually have ObiTalk set up with 3 Google Voice numbers. I use one for strictly “possibly spam” calls (i.e. online sales, etc) where everything goes straight to VM; second one is for Dr’s, credit card companies, banks, etc that does the Screening. Then my home # (which I ported to GV when I dropped my landline) is for “Contacts Only” (family & friends) calls will go straight through.

• I get everything. It’s got to the point if I don’t recognize the number I send the call to voice mail. If it’s important, and not some automated crap, they’ll leave me a message.
    Because of this garbage, the telephone call, I feel, is becoming obsolete. People are communicating in other ways.
    People who violate Do Not Call should be sentenced to death. Quick executions too. Maybe that was stop this.

• @atikovi said in Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.:

@mom2jel said in Vishing? Telephone voice phishing calls.:

I don’t worry about missing out on my Publishers’ Clearinghouse win. They don’t call. They send the Prize Patrol directly to your house. They must have my wrong address, because they never show. If they come to your house, it’s for me. Kindly give them the correct address. I’ll appreciate it.

• @atikovi said

What if it’s the Publishers Clearing house calling to say you have won $5000 a week for life?

Tell them “that’s great I have a $15,000 a week coke habit!” ?

• administrators

You can always sign up for https://jollyrogertelephone.com/

• That’s a new one. I also got just about every other kind of robo call but not this one yet.

I get those “Chinese Consulate” one all the time, now it’s BOA Chinese line or T-Mobile chinese line. A few time I tried to string them along and see where it leads but I always lose patience.

• I’ve been getting a string of robocalls in Korean. I have no idea what they’re saying.
    There’s another group of robocalls telling me that Senate Bill 100 is now law and it’s bad for me. On these calls I’ve pushed the button to speak to a live person. If it’s a male, I tell him “I’m going to tear off your dick.” If it’s a female, I tell her I’m going to tear off a different part. Frankly, they deserve it. They annoy me, I annoy them.

• I vish you a Happy New Year!

• 500 Club

I just got a robocall telling me that my Amazon Prime was going to auto-renew for $39. I don’t have Prime.

DMCA Policy

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.