what a journey already!

• so i booked 5 rooms for next summer for 3 families to hang out together. booked online through expedia back in August and paid in full $5K. our plans changed so i had to changed the dates by 2 days, same number of rooms and nights. expedia said i had to cancel and rebook. ok. so i do that, same price. and new reservation goes through last week. earlier this week, i get an email from expedia basically says they have cancelled the reservations and don’t bother trying to make reservations on this account again.

was on the phone for over 2 hours this morning. first 2 representatives were disconnected after i went through the whole reservation. the third one transferred me to his supervisor. supervisor couldn’t make the reservation either. they all tried to tell me it was my credit card. however, i called my credit card 3 times and each time they said it wasn’t them denying the transaction; all my other transactions have gone through in the last week.

i also tried ebates hotel (only because they offer the most cash back for this itinerary) hotels.com and will now try amex travel. i would make it at the hotel website, but their cancellation policy is 1 night charge minimum. i suspect it is either something superwonky with my profile or the hotel is’nt letting 3rd party sites book .

i’m on the hook for the reservations as the planner in the group and will likely have spent 12 hours by the time we’re done. 😞

• @miserly said:
    “i get an email from expedia basically says they have cancelled the reservations and don’t bother trying to make reservations on this account again.”

Can you just create another account, using a different email address … and possibly different cc?

• @honkinggoose said in what a journey already!:

@miserly said:
    “i get an email from expedia basically says they have cancelled the reservations and don’t bother trying to make reservations on this account again.”

Can you just create another account, using a different email address … and possibly different cc?

Tried but no dice. I think it is the hotel on their end through third party reservations must be wonky as I have tried different agencies including Amex travel.

• 500 Club

@miserly Maybe contact the hotel directly? Maybe they’ll price match?

• maybe, but they were not open and theore cancellation policy was no bueno, 1 day charge no matter what!

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.