POSTER REMINDER: Only 'HOT' Deals in the Hot Deals forum!! Others to be expired immediately!

• Global Moderator

Members,

Creating posts for the sake of it, just to post up ‘stuff’ that is a regular price or a price that is easily found for less else where is not a ‘hot deal’. Spamming the boards with items that are ‘no deal’ detract from the really good deals shared and also mislead our community.

We are asking all members who find such posts not only post that it is less somewhere else as a reply, but to flag a moderator to EXPIRE the thread. We do not want members wasting their time or worse, OVERPAYING for items on phat! that’s not what a deal forum is for.

• The red ( - ) vote is back for posts 😱

• administrators

@ctgolfer Yes, I turned it back on. Maybe people will think twice before posting non-deals.

I just hope that certain members don’t abuse it.

• Thanks for posting this reminder

• That is a good deal! LOL

• @dangeruss I hope that red votes are used sparingly. Otherwise, this site risks becoming like SD, where there’s way too much negativity.
    Even worse, dominated by those unable to grasp “YMMV”, or “fanboys” who down-vote any deal for items that aren’t some revered brand.

• Global Moderator

@ukedog said in POSTER REMINDER: Only 'HOT' Deals in the Hot Deals forum!! Others to be expired immediately!:

@dangeruss I hope that red votes are used sparingly. Otherwise, this site risks becoming like SD, where there’s way too much negativity.
    Even worse, dominated by those unable to grasp “YMMV”, or “fanboys” who down-vote any deal for items that aren’t some revered brand.

@UkeDog My guess is, this is a temporary measure designed to reign in ‘junk posts’ in HD. As far as abuse, mods will deal with anyone mass redding posts or using them as a personal attack against other members.

We always ask people to share why they’ve downvoted as a reply (ie, code not working, not a good price, etc.) If a deal is simply dead, please don’t down vote it, just alert the mods that the deal needs to be moved to expired.

• 500 Club

@ukedog I think this group is more mature than SD.

We had a member who was hypercritical. Most of their posts were criticisms, rarely posted anything positive or contributed deals. Member “left” but appears to have re-joined with a different user name and is doing the same thing s/he did last time-- generating negativity.

It would be nice if one had to leave a reason for a red to count.

When the list of Unread posts opens I look at the avatar and scroll down until I see one that’s a different color.

• 500 Club

I have seen a few people rating tons of posts as positive. Is there any good reason for them doing that?

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.