Rite Aid NEW Rewards Program February 2022 - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK! Video

• Global Moderator

• Global Moderator

Green to you for the post, green to Ravi for the sneak peek, but red for the new program.

Since we will only get a return (in the form of BC) of 2% and that is only if you manage to spend $100 at RA over a 90 day period and we are losing our 20% Gold discount, that means shopping at RA starting 2/27 will result in an 18% loss (or, in other words, it will get 18% more expensive to shop there) of what we used to get as compared to what we will get under the new program.

RA used to be my go-to store for deals, but I am not very impressed with the early details of this new program. Having the Gold discount go away will be a huge loss. I probably won’t be shopping so much at RA going forward. All I can say is I am glad I got on the RA bandwagon when the getting was good and have accumulated a very large stockpile my family and I can live off of for many years to come, not to mention the 7.5%!inflation rate now (highest in 49 years).

I guess the best deal approach now is to shop at a variety of stores whenever they have a good deal and not necessarily have one go-to store. The deals everywhere, not just at RA, seem to be drying up. Probably the one store I am most impressed with these days is Big Lots. You can score some really good deals there, especially with their short-dated clearance items and they have nice coupons if you join their rewards program. I like the $5 off $15 coupon they give you after you make 3 purchases. That is a 33.3 percent discount on their already cheap prices.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in Rite Aid NEW Rewards Program February 2022 - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK! Video:

Green to you for the post, green to Ravi for the sneak peek, but red for the new program.

Since we will only get a return (in the form of BC) of 2% and that is only if you manage to spend $100 at RA over a 90 day period and we are losing our 20% Gold discount, that means shopping at RA starting 2/27 will result in an 18% loss (or, in other words, it will get 18% more expensive to shop there) of what we used to get as compared to what we will get under the new program.

RA used to be my go-to store for deals, but I am not very impressed with the early details of this new program. Having the Gold discount go away will be a huge loss. I probably won’t be shopping so much at RA going forward. All I can say is I am glad I got on the RA bandwagon when the getting was good and have accumulated a very large stockpile my family and I can live off of for many years to come, not to mention the 7.5%!inflation rate now (highest in 49 years).

I guess the best deal approach now is to shop at a variety of stores whenever they have a good deal and not necessarily have one go-to store. The deals everywhere, not just at RA, seem to be drying up. Probably the one store I am most impressed with these days is Big Lots. You can score some really good deals there, especially with their short-dated clearance items and they have nice coupons if you join their rewards program. I like the $5 off $15 coupon they give you after you make 3 purchases. That is a 33.3 percent discount on their already cheap prices.

@MrVietnam I’d venture to guess that there will be ‘point’ offers tied to products ontop of the base 2% earn. Plus point offers with spend amounts and similar offers to how BC works now. I’m taking a wait and see approach. Granted, the gold discount was nice to have but often times when Items were on sale, they didn’t factor in anyway.

Guess we’ll just have to see what they roll out with this and hope for the best.

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in Rite Aid NEW Rewards Program February 2022 - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK! Video:

@mrvietnam said in Rite Aid NEW Rewards Program February 2022 - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK! Video:

@MrVietnam I’d venture to guess that there will be ‘point’ offers tied to products ontop of the base 2% earn. Plus point offers with spend amounts and similar offers to how BC works now. I’m taking a wait and see approach. Granted, the gold discount was nice to have but often times when Items were on sale, they didn’t factor in anyway.

Guess we’ll just have to see what they roll out with this and hope for the best.

Actually the Gold prices did factor in in the past for many years until fairly recently when RA changed the rules.

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in Rite Aid NEW Rewards Program February 2022 - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK! Video:

Actually the Gold prices did factor in in the past for many years until fairly recently when RA changed the rules.

Oh its a loss, just saying there were times when they didn’t factor in due to sale prices anyway. Hopefully the changes won’t be as bad as we think, but not getting my hopes up too high.

• Global Moderator

Oh its a loss, just saying there were times when they didn’t factor in due to sale prices anyway. Hopefully the changes won’t be as bad as we think, but not getting my hopes up too high.

Looking at the trends the last 2-3 years at least in the lack of good Bonus Cash deals, I would say there was little to be hopeful about, but with that said, I’m sure every once in a while they will let a a good deal slip by. In many cases in the past it was factoring in the Gold discount that made a cheap deal free or a free deal a MM.

I, like you, am hopeful but I am afraid the best days at RA for deal hunters are behind us. Hope I’m proved wrong.

We’ll will have to wait and see, like you said. Maybe there are some benefits that will sweeten the pot a little – like Ravi mentioned personalized games and challenges to earn BC, so not a discount in the store, but there may be opportunities to earn BC other than for buying certain products.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.