Inflation increased 0.4% in September, more than expected despite rate hikes

• Global Moderator

People don’t realize what’s fixing to hit them,” said Texas farmer Lynn “Bugsy” Allen. “They think it’s tough right now, you give it until October. Food prices are going to double.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/looming-price-hikes-on-food-set-to-hit-americans-this-fall_4498663.html

• Another Link to the same article, with out asking for your email!
    https://empowertitans.com/looming-price-hikes-on-food-set-to-hit-americans-this-fall/

• Global Moderator

Full disclosure re this article’s source:

The Epoch Times is a far-right[16] international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement.[24] The newspaper, based in New York City, is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty (NTD) Television.[25] The Epoch Times has websites in 35 countries but is blocked in mainland China.[26]

The Epoch Media Group’s news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation,[34] and false claims of fraud in the 2020 United States presidential election.[37]

• 500 Club

There is no question food prices are going up quickly, and they won’t be coming down until the cost of energy (which mostly starts with gas) to grow, harvest, and transport raw ingredients and to run the factories which produce the final food products comes down, which isn’t going to happen anytime soon. Even when those costs go down, the manufacturers won’t lower the consumer prices much since they know people have become accustomed to and have resigned themselves to the higher prices, which means the manufacturers will gain even more profit.
    My husband and I have adjusted our food budget more and more, switching to store brands and less-known (and less costly) brands, planning purchases to cover more than one meal (leftovers from one or two meals go into another day’s meal), using the website for a couple of grocery stores that are close to each other to load coupons to our store cards and checking the week’s sales, being flexible about what we buy so that if it’s not on sale this week, we buy something else and wait for the item(s) to be on sale (hopefully with load-to-card coupons) another time. The first places I go when entering the store are the marked-down bakery goods, the marked-down produce endcap, the freezer endcap where the store puts marked-down frozen foods on the right on the bottom shelf and at the end of one frozen-foods aisle, the marked-down fresh meat section. The store uses yellow “marked-down” and “clearance” shelftags and product stickers, and I can spot those at a glance down any aisle in the store. LOL I buy extra if something has a really worthwhile markdown (at least 50% or more) and can be frozen or stored, and I know we will use it for future meals. Flexibility is essential. Every couple of months my husband and I go through the pantry shelves and the small upright freezer (bought cheap at an estate sale) and the freezer in the refrigerator. He calls out what’s there and how many. I write it down and then type a list that we keep on the freezer door so we don’t lose track of what’s gotten shoved to the back out of sight.

• Global Moderator

• Free cans of King Oscar Mackerel from J4U help mitigate the sting of food inflation.

• 500 Club

@sonofzeus I have J4u but no free mackerel, just stupid Hood ice cream. I wish we could trade. 😞

I stop in the supermarket just to check the clearance sections. If I don’t find anything I leave. I’ve done this for years.

As an extreme coupon-er I have quite a stockpile. I spend < $20/mo on groceries. If you haven’t been stockpiling, consider starting.

I probably spend more on feeding the cats than on feeding me. Pet food has not only risen in price but its in short supply. I used to wonder how I was going to use up my stockpile of 70+ bags of dry cat food. Now I’m not worried. PetCo, PetSmart and Chewy are oos of many items. I used to buy canned food from Amazon but now its only available from 3rd party sellers for 50% more than Amazon charged. I make & freeze a raw diet which has made us less dependent on pet food manufacturers. I would be spending a LOT of money if I had to buy cat food on a regular basis.

• Global Moderator

Gas at the club stores here in Southern California s actually down from its high price of $5.95 last month. Now it is “only” $5.80 a gallon at Costco.

• Global Moderator

• Global Moderator

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.