Upside app - anyone ever get credited?

• It’s now happened twice now that I’ve tried to use the app, but my receipt has been rejected because the receipt doesn’t have last 4 digits of the credit card. As if I have any control over what the business puts on their receipt. The first one was like $0.50, so no big deal, but this last one was 30% off of ~$30 bill so ~$9 back that I won’t be getting that I was expecting. It wasn’t the only reason I went to the business, but it was one of the reasons. I feel like I should just delete the app if they aren’t going to pay out for something I have zero control over.

• Contact customer service with the issue and send them a copy of your receipt. They usually respond within 24 hours.
    I’ve always gotten great service from them.

• I have to say that after posting this, I’ve had no issues with Upside and only positive experiences. They did credit me for the receipt above and they’ve made it so you don’t have to submit the receipt so it avoids the issue I had where the receipt didn’t have the last 4 digits. I just went to the same place I complained about above and was credited in a day or so. Due to stacking codes I was able to save about 30% off 2 gas fill ups so that saved about $30. I also was able to refer my SO and we both made money on that and we’ve made some money in her account as well so we’re probably around $100 back in the last few months. So I’d recommend Upside if you aren’t using it.

• Global Moderator

they sent me an offer to earn $10 if I get food 2x between now and 3/31 on top of the Cashback. Easy to do

• @mistercheap said in Upside app - anyone ever get credited?:

they sent me an offer to earn $10 if I get food 2x between now and 3/31 on top of the Cashback. Easy to do

I got that too but not really easy for me as we rarely eat out. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth to go out when we otherwise wouldn’t just to get the deal. There are a couple breweries in the app so if I go get 2 beers twice, that would be around $24. I’d get around $5 back because they are always ~25% back and then I’d get $10 back. So 4 beers for around $10 is a pretty good deal.

• Global Moderator

@mtnagel said in Upside app - anyone ever get credited?:

@mistercheap said in Upside app - anyone ever get credited?:

I got that too but not really easy for me as we rarely eat out. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth to go out when we otherwise wouldn’t just to get the deal. There are a couple breweries in the app so if I go get 2 beers twice, that would be around $24. I’d get around $5 back because they are always ~25% back and then I’d get $10 back. So 4 beers for around $10 is a pretty good deal.

a couple are semi fast food, like sub shops, can go in and buy a drink as long as there’s no credit card minimum probably make $5. If i had to get subs, get two $10 orders, rung up seperately, pay $10 net. I’ll have to see how and if I end up using the offer.

• @mistercheap said in Upside app - anyone ever get credited?:

@mtnagel said in Upside app - anyone ever get credited?:

@mistercheap said in Upside app - anyone ever get credited?:

a couple are semi fast food, like sub shops, can go in and buy a drink as long as there’s no credit card minimum probably make $5. If i had to get subs, get two $10 orders, rung up seperately, pay $10 net. I’ll have to see how and if I end up using the offer.

So I mentioned my brewery plan to my SO and then she started looking at the list and of course she wanted to come and picked a pricy pizza place. So instead of getting 4 beers for around $10, we ended up getting more drinks and pizza and salad, but after the Upside deals (18% off both and $5 and $10 off), Dosh, SB and T-Mobile Dining deal (5% off and $10 off $25), if my calculations are correct and they all come through, we should get about $40 back off $90 in food and drinks. Not as good of a deal, but not too bad for spending an evening out with my SO and we have leftover pizza for another meal each.

@MISTERCHEAP Did you end up doing this?

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.