Fetch Rewards point devaluation AGAIN 11/2023.

• Global Moderator

@yoregano said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

I guess the point devaluation hasn’t really bothered me too much since there are still a fair number of other redemption options at a discounted level. As far as the daily spin bonus goes, eh, I guess it’s free. The most I’ve gotten so far is 25, usually 5 or 10. What I do wish is that it would reset on a daily basis, not a literal 24 hours.

If they are places you really like and frequent, great. All of the ones I had been redeeming for all along (fast food chains) went up in points to redeem. Kind of hard to understand it with places like Burger King, understand the premium with Visa Cards, Amazon, WalMart but by far the thing that irked many of us the most was the lack of notice. Was a shady move to not give people a final chance to redeem at previous levels. They basically devalued existing points overnight.

• FYI: Currently, Panera cards are discounted 10% off face value for redemption ($10 cards for 9, 000 points, $25 for 22,500 points, and $50 for 45,000 points). Don’t know how long this will last, it says in the app “National Soup Day is Feb. 4!” so perhaps until then.

• Holy crap! I got 1000 points from the Fetch daily reward! That’s by far the most I ever got. I also got a 200 bonus for scanning any receipt. And I got 1640 points for buying 3 packs of Beyond steak (which was on sale from $9 to $5 plus had a $1 off coupon) that I didn’t even see was on there. So I got a total of 2840 points. The odd thing is there is a 1500 bonus, but it says on purchases from 4/10-4/11. Hopefully they don’t take those points away if they realize they screwed up.

• @mtnagel said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

Holy crap! I got 1000 points from the Fetch daily reward! That’s by far the most I ever got. I also got a 200 bonus for scanning any receipt. And I got 1640 points for buying 3 packs of Beyond steak (which was on sale from $9 to $5 plus had a $1 off coupon) that I didn’t even see was on there. So I got a total of 2840 points. The odd thing is there is a 1500 bonus, but it says on purchases from 4/10-4/11. Hopefully they don’t take those points away if they realize they screwed up.

Ever since they had recurring Albertson’s and Von’s offers, along with the daily spin, my points balance has shot up quite a bit.

Before I was totally fine with the occasional offer plus the 2.5 cents because it took me a long time to build up a $5 cashout and I don’t always chase big offers, although I do remember which brands are on Fetch. Now I’m building up to a $25 Amazon cashout. The recurring Albertson’s and Von’s offers are easy, just two purchases in 2 weeks - simple, boom. Plus those email signup offers too.

Also, are you sure you read the Beyond Steak offer correctly? Mine says 4/10/23 to 5/10/23

• @ctujackbauer said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

Also, are you sure you read the Beyond Steak offer correctly? Mine says 4/10/23 to 5/10/23

Yep.

0_1683543644910_d388d549-f539-4bcd-b6c2-39f488485bc2-image.png

• @mtnagel said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

@ctujackbauer said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

Yep.

0_1683543644910_d388d549-f539-4bcd-b6c2-39f488485bc2-image.png

Strange times, here’s my offer:

https://i.imgur.com/UV346zA.png

• Another devaluation at Fetch. It mostly affects the gift cards $50 and above for non-Amazon/Best Buy/Apple stores like restaurants. Amazon $50 gift cards also went up from 53,000 points to 55,000 points.

• 2K Club

As much as I dislike the “devaluation”, I’ve been pretty happy with the Daily Rewards. I actually had a 10,000 point bonus a couple months ago, though the norm is 5’s and 10’s with larger amounts less frequently. The hardest thing I run into is have enough receipts to use daily - I’ve even picked up a few discarded receipts on occasion to keep as close to daily as possible.

• @connman said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

As much as I dislike the “devaluation”, I’ve been pretty happy with the Daily Rewards. I actually had a 10,000 point bonus a couple months ago, though the norm is 5’s and 10’s with larger amounts less frequently. The hardest thing I run into is have enough receipts to use daily - I’ve even picked up a few discarded receipts on occasion to keep as close to daily as possible.

10,000 points on the bonus spin is massive. I think I’ve hit 1,000 points twice, very fair to me.

The daily bonus spin is great for me, I don’t mind saving up over a long period of time and the bonus outpaces the plain 25 points I used to get. I have a pile of receipts that I try to enter every day before the 14 day limit.

• Global Moderator

@ctujackbauer said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation.:

Another devaluation at Fetch. It mostly affects the gift cards $50 and above for non-Amazon/Best Buy/Apple stores like restaurants. Amazon $50 gift cards also went up from 53,000 points to 55,000 points.

You beat me to it on this topic. It’s really a bunch of BS with them. the Albertson’s GC’s that I redeemed for 47.5K points ($50) back in June are now 54 or 55K. I think some $10 GC’s like AMZ are now 15K points which is absurd. All redemption levels are getting very inflated.

even their referral program gives 500 points now, used to be 4K. 500 points is worth about 40c in their inflated world. No way I’d refer anyone to this garbage bait and switch app.

Ibotta definitely remains the best app, straight money that you know what you are earning followed by Swagbucks which also pays $1 for $1 and offers a good discount on a Visa card at 21.5K points 1x a month for a $25 card. At least on both I can get ‘cash’ via bank account or Visa, no way would I redeem 57 or 60K points for a $50 visa card at Stench.

• Global Moderator

The $50 Albertsons card is now 54,500 Fetch points to be exact. $50 at Kroger also just went up from 53,000 to 55,000 points. Good thing I just redeemed for a $50 Kroger card a day or two before the increase.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation AGAIN 11/2023.:

The $50 Albertsons card is now 54,500 Fetch points to be exact. $50 at Kroger also just went up from 53,000 to 55,000 points. Good thing I just redeemed for a $50 Kroger card a day or two before the increase.

Please note, the name of the app is now ‘STENCH’ per me. 🤠

• I had a good bit of points on this app and lost them all due to not making a purchase within three months I think it their dormant limit. I was pretty sick so I wasn’t doing much of my shopping and didn’t think to use the app for over three months. I forgot about being able to submit e-receipts.

I guess I got “spoiled” with Ibotta’s 6 months before they start to charge the $3,99. When I felt well enough to think about these apps my earnings were still there in my Ibotta account. Fetch Rewards not so much.

• Fetch Rewards removed the daily spin for users of the latest version of the app, so don’t update until the last moment when you’re forced to update.

• Global Moderator

@ctujackbauer said in Fetch Rewards point devaluation AGAIN 11/2023.:

Fetch Rewards removed the daily spin for users of the latest version of the app, so don’t update until the last moment when you’re forced to update.

Typical of them. just end it with no notice, there goes my 5 points worth 1/2 a penny.

• I found the deletion 3 days ago and Fetch verified it was permanent. I complained about the lack of notice and they gave me a tiny amount of points as a consolation prize. I immediately liquidated my points balance. The Big Lots giftcard just arrived. Stacks with 10 off 10 and 20% off in the Biglots app. (Ms SOZ got the 2 BL offers too.)

• Thanks for keeping me updated on all of the changes with Fetch.

I just deleted the app, now I can waste time on something else… 🙄 🙄

• @ctujackbauer I didn’t even realize it updated… maybe I clicked on some button blindly and allowed it. You are right that the Daily Spin is gone. It now has some stupid games that reward points per minute of playing. Have to download the games first. I got a few thousand points after mindlessly playing a few. I foresee more devaluing soon given the high # of Freebie points from the games.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.