S.D.

• Yeah, that other forum. I confess, I do use it much more now that FW is gone. It can be a great place to find deals. But the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty bad. It really is full of idiots. Possessive, clique-y, juvenile nonsense and completely irrational thinking are pervasive there.

I miss FW. Well, pre 2011 FW, that is. Ph-W is at least not as stupid as FW became and SD is and always will be. At least this place isn’t like that, yet. 😉

That is all.

• yeah. i’m over there, only looking at deals though, like i use bensbargains. i haven’t been on much here or fwmods. i still miss ot.

• @yoregano said in S.D.:

But the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty bad. It really is full of idiots.

I seldom go there because it’s like a mob of over-sugared bored children. On the plus side the pile of FAR printers in my basement has stopped growing.

• I agree. The natives are restless over there. It’s the Wild West.

• It’s been years since I looked at SD, never joined. I seem to recall it was difficult slogging through the muck to find the deals, has that changed?
    /Scottish accent/
    OT: There can be only one!

• 1500 Club

@sublimosa said in S.D.:

It’s been years since I looked at SD, never joined. I seem to recall it was difficult slogging through the muck to find the deals, has that changed?
    /Scottish accent/

Love the Highlander reference.

• @ctgolfer said in S.D.:

@sublimosa said in S.D.:

It’s been years since I looked at SD, never joined. I seem to recall it was difficult slogging through the muck to find the deals, has that changed?
    /Scottish accent/

I thought it was Hunt For Red October. Doh!

• @ganda said in S.D.:

@ctgolfer said in S.D.:

@sublimosa said in S.D.:

/Scottish accent/

There can be only one ping.

• @kamal said in S.D.:

@ganda said in S.D.:

@ctgolfer said in S.D.:

@sublimosa said in S.D.:

/Scottish accent/

Shurface shubmarine [/connery]

• 1500 Club

“Give me a ping Vasili, one ping only please”

• @sublimosa said in S.D.:

/Scottish accent/

Deal finding is not a problem if you setup alerts. As far as conversation goes, it’s a bit thin. Hard to converse with someone who only showed up to say “No HDMI” and “Duh!”. But it’s still a great place to generate awareness for product defects because of the large number of users.

• @ganda said in S.D.:

@kamal said in S.D.:

@ganda said in S.D.:

@ctgolfer said in S.D.:

@sublimosa said in S.D.:

/Scottish accent/

Shurface shubmarine [/connery]
    watch him in the third raiders movie where he constantly tells Harrison Ford to shit down.

• 1500 Club

@sublimosa I had also noticed that!! Shit down!!

• It’s been my deal finding site for a few years now. Don’t participate in discussion though.

DMCA Policy

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.