Can I reuse unmarked stamps.com printed stamps?

• Once in a while I receive letters with unmarked printed stamps. Looks like these stamps have been printed online from stamps.com site. I wonder if I can reuse them since they are totally unmarked (don’t appear to have been canceled)?

• Direct from USPS site:

WARNING!
    Once a postage stamp has been used, it is a federal crime to:

1. Remove, attempt to remove, or assist to remove cancellation marks from postage.
    2. Reuse a stamp whether cancelled or not.
      If you have questions concerning the reuse of postage, please contact your local Postal Inspector.
      Title 18, U.S. Code, Sections 471 and 1720

I don’t believe it matters if it’s a “printed” stamp or not. Yes, it has been done however.

Poster 5 July 2005
    PSN 7690-03-000-9182

• A dick move?

• I seem to get a lot of mail with stamps not cancelled. I guess I could carefully peel off the stamp and stick it on another envelope, but why bother. I don’t mail that much stuff.

If I did, the penalty might be life in prison. The jails are overflowing with inmates in my part of the world with people who’s only crime was reusing a postage stamp. 😉

• You will go to the same prison as the people who record NFL games.

• 500 Club

You can try, but then you’ll get “stamped” with a personal identification number from the law (inmate number).

• @zennuts said in Can I reuse unmarked stamps.com printed stamps?:

You will go to the same prison as the people who record NFL games.

That’s where they put the hardcore criminals, like those that cut the tags off their mattresses.

• @kamal said in Can I reuse unmarked stamps.com printed stamps?:

@zennuts said in Can I reuse unmarked stamps.com printed stamps?:

You will go to the same prison as the people who record NFL games.

That’s where they put the hardcore criminals, like those that cut the tags off their mattresses.

The Mattress Police had a huge sting operation in my neighborhood recently. They rounded up dozens of people who cut off their mattress tags. They’re serving time in San Quentin Prison. The Matters Police also confiscated the contraband mattresses. The offenders do get to sleep on these mattresses, but the prison keeps the mattresses when they’re released to offset the costs of their incarceration. The prison has cut their mattress costs down to zero with this program.

DMCA Policy

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.