SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread

• @briarycliffs 190+ sounds like a really high total score, more of an NBA thing than NCAA thing…so I checked past year’s championship game scores. Sure enough, nothing that high, ever. Closest were years 1978 (182), 1964 (181), 1975 (177), 1990 (176)

• 50% CASHBACK on Winter Clothing and Jeans
    Expires Jan 26, 2019

Members get 50% CASHBACK in points on qualifying apparel and footwear purchases on Sears.com. Points credit to account next day and expire 7 days of issuance. Offer valid 1/23/19 through 1/26/19. One time use per member. Excludes Lands’ End, Levi’s, and work boots. Items must be sold by Sears.

• Good offers thank you

• Members get 100% CASHBACK in points on select Craftsman items in 5 equal weekly installments. 1st installment of points issued next day after transaction and expire after 7 days. Following 4 subsequent installments issued every Monday starting 2/11/2019. Points valid for 7 days after issuance. Offer valid 1/29/2019 through 2/2/2019.

https://www.sears.com/search=00998910000p|00946130000p|00936558000p|00913919000p|00913918000p|00910298000p|00927990000p|00912007000p|03419745000p?storeId=10153&catalogId=12605&levels=Tools&searsTab=true

But they appear to be using the $10 back on $40 as part of the 100% back. I already did that offer, so my account only shows $90 back on a $100 item, not $100. 😒

• 500 Club

Since the items are all $100 its $20 back each week. Too bad its only for the select items.
    I don’t need any of them.
    What tool were you considering and why?

• @my4mainecoons I suspect it’s $18 per week on most of the items (at least one of them would be less since it is $89.99 now), since $10 of the points are from the $10 back on $40 offer. If I were to do it, I’d probably get a C3 kit just to have a spare battery and charger for my existing C3 stuff. But I’m really not a fan of weekly installments, plus I’d like see how the court hearing goes next week before investing in any more future installments. I still have nearly $1000 in future points owed to me from stuff I bought dating back to last March.

• Global Moderator

@lo said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@my4mainecoons I suspect it’s $18 per week on most of the items (at least one of them would be less since it is $89.99 now), since $10 of the points are from the $10 back on $40 offer. If I were to do it, I’d probably get a C3 kit just to have a spare battery and charger for my existing C3 stuff. But I’m really not a fan of weekly installments, plus I’d like see how the court hearing goes next week before investing in any more future installments. I still have nearly $1000 in future points owed to me from stuff I bought dating back to last March.

Wow, you are a gambler.

• @mrvietnam I’m winning so far, aren’t I? 🙂 When they filed for bankruptcy in mid-October, I had about $5000 “invested” in Sears in points, future points installments, and gift cards. I kicked myself heavily for having done so many installment deals and not having tried to cash out the gift cards earlier (they removed 3rd party gift cards from all stores 2 days after the WSJ article reported the impending filing, and I wasn’t able to get out to a store the 1st day). But then I continued to do the offers that came out, and I look at all the stuff I got for “free” even since the filing, and it’s a lot! If I’d quit before that, sure, I would’ve been less stressed out, but I also wouldn’t have all this nice stuff I’ve gotten since. I also realized that if I hadn’t done the installment deals I’d already done, then I wouldn’t have gotten all the nice stuff from those deals either and probably would’ve just been holding even more in gift cards. I haven’t done any long-term installment deals since the bankruptcy (they haven’t even existed for that matter - the company knew nobody would do them), but all of the future points installments I’m still waiting on are from offers months before the filing. I’ll be done with them in June if the company lasts that long. And even if they don’t…I moved to a new house a couple years back and all my appliances, furniture, housewares, decor, and tools for working around the house are from Sears. All the clothes I wear are from Sears too. I think I got plenty out of it. 🙂

• I got my final installment from my dishwasher from around Black Friday and still have half of my monthly tire payments to go. So far I am glad I did the deals, wish I could have done a few more.

• 500 Club

I didn’t need any major appliances or tires. I wish I did. I thought about buying a washer & dryer to have on hand when my current 19 yo Kenmore set dies but its one thing to have a spare laptop on hand-- but a spare washer & dryer take up a lot of space. Not to mention the current washer & dryer are working just fine. I thought about getting a spare dishwasher but my Bosch (from Sears) is only 5 yrs old. I bought a microwave to have “on hand” for when current one dies for the $75 (?) back wyb appliance.

• So true, in hindsight I wish I had done even more of the installment deals! I did do the majority of the ones that came up but often sat out some of the bigger ones like $400 back on $400 or anything that came in weekly installments instead of biweekly or monthly…but of course, as it turned out, I ended up at Sears pretty much every week anyway. And I’d forgotten about the automotive stuff too - outfitted a few different cars in new tires and batteries as well. Also got several sets of major appliances over the past couple years since I was shopping for a couple households - 2 fridges, 2 washers, 2 dryers, and a dishwasher. Went all out on my own fridge too and got a counter-depth French door with slim in-door icemaker…I’d only ever had white top-freezer fridges before. Sears has been good to me. If I’d known exactly how everything was going to go down, there are some things I would have done differently…but quite frankly, I probably would’ve bought less if I’d known the company was that close to insolvency already, and really I now wish I had bought more!

• By the way, there doesn’t appear to be a limit to how many of those 100% Craftsman items you can buy. So if you buy, for example, 3 of them, you could use a $35 off $300 and get nearly $60 a week in installment points. It’s tempting, but I’m just not sure I need those items enough…

• Seems they’ve prematurely replaced that Craftsman offer with this (which is valid on all items):

Members get $100 CASHBACK in points total in 10 weekly installments when you spend $100+. 1st set issued immediately, valid for 7 days. Remaining awards issued Thursdays starting 2/14. 1x per member

• 500 Club

@lo I might be tempted to do this one… Sold the last of pliers sets this week. 😞
    I haven’t been in store for a month.
    Are utility knives, penlights, etc. still behaving?

Received $5/$10 Free Cash for KM good thru Feb. 8 and I’ve read that there’s $5/$5 coupon for KM if you text POLAR to 56278.

• @my4mainecoons said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@lo I might be tempted to do this one… Sold the last of pliers sets this week. 😞

Received $5/$10 Free Cash for KM good thru Feb. 8 and I’ve read that there’s $5/$5 coupon for KM if you text POLAR to 56278.

I got a few Dorco lights last week and the week before I got the penlights. All worked great. Hoping that my hometown store restocked the penlights so I can spend my points that expire tomorrow.

Sorry, I don’t know. I normally buy pricier tools because I don’t want to deal with so many transactions, especially now that my closest store is 25 miles away instead of 8 miles and I’m also not regularly getting small $5 or $10 freecash offers anymore. Plus there are only so many penlights one can use…I mean, they are pretty useful and I keep one in pretty much every drawer or glove compartment, but I still have many dozens of them in a box somewhere.

Anyway, I just realized this was the end of Sears’s fiscal year. One thing I have already noticed is that several previous long-standing promos/offers have suddenly ended. I had a VIP points back coupon that had been good for months that is now showing as expired. And the bonus points offers for VIPs linking an Uber account or placing an order through the SYW app are gone too. So it wouldn’t be a stretch to think that there could be other good things that have ended too, especially with Transform wanting to close on the sale of the company within the next week or two. If anyone else notices something that has changed, please report!

By the way, the $100 back on $100 deal is now being heavily advertised on the home page, but the terms are a little different than the details I previously posted (which confusingly are still the same on the item pages as what I posted previously). These are the new advertised details:

Online Only! Members get $100 CASHBACK in points in 10 Weekly installments when you spend $100
    or more on qualifying purchases at sears.com.
    First $10 CASHBACK in points issued same day after transaction and valid for 7 days. Subsequent
    payments of $10 CASHBACK in points issued every Wednesday starting 3/6/19 and are valid for 7 days.
    Offer valid 2/3/19–2/24/19. Maximum $100 CASHBACK in points per member. Excludes Lands’ End.
    Items must be Sold by Sears. Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be
    made in a single transaction.

So will the 2nd installment come Thursday 2/14 or Wednesday 3/6? That’s a pretty big difference. If it’s really going to be 3/6, then I’d personally hold off on doing the offer until much closer to that date. If it’s going to be 2/14 but the offer is good through 2/24, maybe it could mean there might be a new offer every week for 3 weeks? They did something similar around Black Friday (the $250 back on $250 then had multiple iterations with slightly different timelines each, even though the advertising for it didn’t make it obvious that each iteration was a different deal). If there will really be multiple offers, then it’d be a good opportunity to have more points stacked up each week. I’m not really interested in having to go to Sears weekly just to get rid of $10 in points, but if it were, say, $30 a week, I’d be more inclined. I didn’t manage to do that Craftsman 100% deal before they switched it over to this current $100 back on $100, and now I kind of regret it because if I’m going to have to go to Sears every week anyway, I might as well be doing it with more points to blow…

• @lo This last offer would make sense if you had a healthy Kmart store nearby, such that you could use the points on normal household supplies or grocery items (assuming there is such a thing as healthy Kmart store), and you were a gambler at heart. Otherwise, not so much.

• Text SNOW to 73277 to get $7 off $7 at sears and sears.com

• @ukedog There is a Kmart about 2 miles down the road from my closest Sears (actually, technically that Kmart is actually closer to me than the Sears is), but they really don’t sell anything anymore that I can use. I used to buy things from there like milk, eggs, butter, cheese, and bacon, but they have lost all their vendors for those products. Sears is much more viable to me for blowing points.

Once a final order is confirmed this week, I don’t see why this would be a gamble at all. I highly doubt that Transform will fold within 10 weeks. The only question right now is whether the judge will overrule all the objections. We’ll know later this week.

• @lo said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

I didn’t manage to do that Craftsman 100% deal before they switched it over to this current $100 back on $100, and now I kind of regret it because if I’m going to have to go to Sears every week anyway, I might as well be doing it with more points to blow…

The 100% tool deal is still going on.

Members get 100% CASHBACK in points on select Craftsman items in 5 equal weekly installments. 1st installment of points issued next day after transaction and expire after 7 days. Following 4 subsequent installments issued every Monday starting 2/11/2019. Points valid for 7 days after issuance. Offer valid 1/29/2019 through 2/9/2019.

• @briarycliffs The site still says that, but that is not the actual deal attached to those items. The $100 back on $100 is.

• Judge Drain approved the sale today, and I guess Sears is celebrating now. Midnight Madness (5-20% off nearly everything) is going on until 7am CST, and there is a new $500 back on $500 deal:

Spend $500+, get $500 CASHBACK in points total in weekly installments.
    Offer valid 2/7/19–2/9/19. Members get $500 CASHBACK in points when you spend $500 or more at sears.com on items on items Sold by Sears. First $10 CASHBACK in points issued next day after transaction and are valid for 7 days. Subsequent payments of $10 in points are issued every Sunday starting 2/17/19. Points expire 7 days from date of issuance. Offer cannot be combined with other offers. Limit one per member. Maximum $500 CASHBACK in points per member.

• Omg…and Kmart has this ridiculous one:

Members get $100 CASHBACK in points total over 20 weekly installments when you spend $100+ at Kmart.com. First set issued same day, valid 7 days. Points issued Monday starting 2/25. Limit 1.Valid through February 17, 2019 11:59 PM CST

• $500 points split over 50 weeks of $10 at Sears?
    $100 points split over 20 weeks of $5 at Kmart?

[movie guy voice-over] Eddie Lampert’s carny games continue, this time… with higher stakes [/movie guy voice-over]

• 500 Club

Stores are too far away for me to redeem points weekly. They’re counting on people not making a weekly trip for $10. I suppose one could order online for store pick up and make bimonthly trips to KM of monthly trips to Sears.

• 500 Club

$100 back wyb $100 in 10 $10 installments at Sears for Presidents Day.
    As long as the points are in $10 installments I’m not playing.

• Out of curiosity, is anybody’s Kmart stocking spring lawn & garden yet? I have points to burn and need rubber hoses, bird seed, pool supplies and garden plants but my store has none yet. They have a couple of pools, but I think those are leftover from last year.

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs Mine doesn’t stock until after Easter, closer to Mothers Day. Last year they got the perennials in for Mothers Day and they all froze. 😞 then they didn’t restock so wasn’t able to buy perennials there all season.

• Text ‘LOVE’ to 56278 get $5 off $5 at Kmart stores.
    Valid until 2/16

• Get 100% CASHBACK in points (up to $25) at Sears.com on select clothes/shoes until 2/24/19.
    Online Only! Members get 100% CASHBACK in points on winter clothing & boots, up to $25 Online only. Members get 100% CASHBACK in points on qualifying apparel and footwear purchases on Sears.com. Points credit to account next day and expire 7 days of issuance. Max $25 in points per member. Offer valid through 2/24/19 11:59 PM CST. One time use per member. Excludes Lands’ End and Levi’s. Items must be sold by Sears. Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be made in a single transaction. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Extra points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When extra point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer.

• 500 Club

@sportsfan64 finally an offer for a lump sum, none of this $10 a week dribbling nonsense. Thanks.

• @sportsfan64 If I only had a nearby Kmart or Sears store to burn points at! Our local Kmart store shut down over a year ago, and our local Sears store is in the final stage of closing–not much left there, and no store pickup possible.

Plus for online sales, they no longer accept points to pay towards shipping. So I’m out of pocket for that on any online order.

Hmm. Do I sound a tad spoiled? I guess I am–those glory days of carloads of free stuff at Kmart while outfitting a woodworking shop at Sears are clearly over!

• Kmart.com. $10 points back on $20 clothing purchase until 2/23/19.
    Members get $10 CASHBACK in points when you spend $20+ on Apparel purchases at Kmart.com. Points awarded next day, valid for 7 days. Max $10 in points per member. Cannot combine with other offers.Valid through February 23, 2019 11:59 PM CST.

Also, I never got any emails from Sears or Kmart, but I happened to check my SYW account and have about 6 Freecash offers, $10 on $30 clothing at Kmart, $10 on $30 shoes at Kmart, $10 on $20 jewelry at Sears, etc.

• oops, nothing to see here, sorry.

• Members get $10 CASHBACK in points when you spend $30 or more on a Grocery, Drug, Beauty and Health purchase at select Kmart stores and on items sold by Kmart at Kmart.com. Maximum $10 in points per member. Points credit to account next day after transaction and valid for 7 days after issuance. Expires on 03/02/2019

• @sportsfan64 said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Kmart.com. $10 points back on $20 clothing purchase until 2/23/19.
    Members get $10 CASHBACK in points when you spend $20+ on Apparel purchases at Kmart.com. Points awarded next day, valid for 7 days. Max $10 in points per member. Cannot combine with other offers.Valid through February 23, 2019 11:59 PM CST.

Also, I never got any emails from Sears or Kmart, but I happened to check my SYW account and have about 6 Freecash offers, $10 on $30 clothing at Kmart, $10 on $30 shoes at Kmart, $10 on $20 jewelry at Sears, etc.

Where did you see this? I am only finding $10 wyb $50 when I search clothing.

• @briarycliffs I usually keep some clothes in my cart just to check daily prices/points back deals, etc. I noticed I was getting $10 back as I had $20 in clothes in my cart.
    If you click on a clothing item and select specific color & size, then click on the arrow just below the price, where it says earn xx back in points, it’ll give you a bigger drop down list that shows the $10 back on $20.

• Members get 100% CASHBACK in points in 50 weekly installments on select items. 1st set issued same day, remaining on Sun starting 3/10, valid for 7 days. Max $619.99 in points and 1x. Cannot Combine. Valid through March 02, 2019 11:59 PM CST

Participating products:
    https://www.sears.com/search=A028766676|A019504975|A025602223|07123681000P|A015168052|A026581653|07188172000P |07188173000P |A028917755 |00648032000P|00648016000P |A009605265 |04660502000P |04660412000P|A015131820|A028634600|02662332000P&resultsLabelText=100CBIP&adcell=hp_100CBIP_headline

• Members get $15 CASHBACK in points when you spend $15+ on apparel at Sears.com. Points awarded next day, valid for 7 days. 1 time per member. Cannot combine. Valid through March 04, 2019 11:59 PM CST

Members get $15 CASHBACK in points when you spend $50+ at select Sears stores and Sears.com. Points award next day and valid for 7 days. Max $15 in points per member. Cannot Combine. Valid through March 09, 2019 11:59 PM CST

Members get $150 CASHBACK in points total over 10 weekly installments when you spend $150+. 1st set issued same day, valid 7 days. Remaining awards issued Sat starting 3/16. Limit 1. Cannot combine. Valid through March 09, 2019 11:59 PM CST

• This month’s welcome center sweeps/instant win has a doorbuster tag for most people, so you get $1 in points after spinning even if you don’t win anything on the actual spin. Log out and log back in after spinning to see your point balance.

use code: personalshopper
    to be able to play the sweep

https://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l/instantwin/500-welcome-center-checkin/44895

if that link doesn’t work use, copy and paste.
    https://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l/instantwin/500-welcome-center-checkin/44895

• @ctujackbauer “You were so close!”, sigh. Thanks anyway. Maybe others can cash in on this doorbuster!

For me, sweeps instant wins and Win It! spin wins have petered away the last couple of weeks. A few months ago, I was averaging close to $10/wk spending a few minutes a day on them. Now it’s closer to $2, if that…

• @ukedog said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@ctujackbauer “You were so close!”, sigh. Thanks anyway. Maybe others can cash in on this doorbuster!

For me, sweeps instant wins and Win It! spin wins have petered away the last couple of weeks. A few months ago, I was averaging close to $10/wk spending a few minutes a day on them. Now it’s closer to $2, if that…

if you saw the pink doorbuster tag, i’d definitely check your point balance by logging out and logging back in. i didn’t win anything on the spin/instant win game too.

• @ctujackbauer Whoa, you’re right–THANKS! Sorry for my confusion. SYWR junkies, $1 in points following ctujackbauers post!

• Members get $45 CASHBACK in points in 3 weekly installments when you spend $45 on Home at Sears.com. First $15 in points issued next day after transaction and valid for 7 days. Subsequent payments of $15 in points issued every Thursday starting 03/21. Offer Valid 03/03/2019 through 03/16/2019. Max $45 in points per member.

• 500 Club

@lo stack with SPRING for additional 10-15% off. I also had $10 in FC for spending $40 in Home.

@lo stack with SPRING for additional 10-15% off. I also had $10 in FC for spending $40 in Home.

Be careful with trying to use FC along with a coupon code like SPRING. It seems like the cart pretends it will let you use both, but then after submitting the order, it will just deduct from your actual points balance instead of the FC. Best to avoid applying any coupons if you intend to use FC.

Anyway, there is a new $150 back on $150:

Offer valid 3/10/19–3/23/19. Members get $150 CASHBACK in points in 10 weekly installments when you spend $150 or more on qualifying purchases at select Sears stores and on items sold by Sears at sears.com. First $15 in points issued within 24 hours after purchase and are valid for 7 days. Subsequent payments of $15 in points issued every Monday starting 3/25/19.

I personally caved and started just doing all of these offers to stack up the installments each week. I’m already getting $40 a week right now, so it’ll be even better to bump that up to $55 a week. 😃

There is a new $10 back on $40 too:

Offer valid 3/10/19 - 3/16/19. Members get $10 CASHBACK in points when you spend $40 or more on qualifying purchases at select Sears stores and on items sold by Sears at sears.com. Points issued within 24 hours of purchase and are valid for 7 days. Maximum of $10 in points per member.

• 500 Club

@Lo Great idea! Unfortunately Sears is an hour away and not alot of other shopping happening right now; didn’t want to be locked into 10 weekly trips. I like the Home deal cuz its only 3 trips.

• Global Moderator

No Kmart 100% back deals these days?

• @mrvietnam said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

No Kmart 100% back deals these days?

Not that I’ve seen. Kmart seems to be a real afterthought nowadays. This is the only points offer I know of that’s going on at the moment for Kmart, and it’s for the entire month so I probably wouldn’t even expect anything new until April:

Get $10 CASHBACK in points for every $50 you spend. Max. $30 in points per member.
    Offer valid 3/3/19–4/6/19. Members spend $50 or more at Kmart stores and kmart.com and get $10 CASHBACK in points. Points credit to account within 24 hours and are valid for 7 days. Maximum $30 in points per member.

• 500 Club

IDK what happened but after a year of useless FC ($20/$100, $8/$80) I received $10/$25 online or in store and $10/$10 Home (in store only).

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.