Discover Savings Bonus $450 with $35,000 Deposit

• Link

Get a $450 bonus when you apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account and deposit a total of at least $35,000 into your account within 30 days. (Offer code BONUS1022E)

• Fidelity->Discover->Chase->Fidelity
    WHEEL OF FORTUNE!

• @turtlebug said in Discover Savings Bonus $450 with $35,000 Deposit:

Link

Get a $450 bonus when you apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account and deposit a total of at least $35,000 into your account within 30 days. (Offer code BONUS1022E)

My SO and I both signed up. I normally check doctor of credit every so often, but thanks for posting! Seems easier than most of the checking/savings account signup bonuses I did this year (make ~$3k so far this year).

• I just got this email:

Dear Matthew,

We have temporarily suspended the funds transfer service on your Emigrant Savings Bank, Savings account.

Please contact us at 1-800-347-7000 to reactivate your suspended account.

When I go in my account it, it does say, “Suspended. Call us at 1-800-290-9885.”

Why is the phone number different?!?!

But it sure looks like my transfer is fine:

Date Activity Amount Balance
    10/27/2022 ACH Deposit From Emigrant Bank $35,000.01

Transaction Type External ACH Posted Date Thu, 10/27/2022

So bizarre. Maybe I’ll just wait to see if I get the bonus and then set up a different account to transfer it out.

My SO’s transfer went in yesterday and she already got the bonus. Will probably wait a bit and transfer it out.

• @mtnagel said in Discover Savings Bonus $450 with $35,000 Deposit:

I just got this email:

Dear Matthew,

We have temporarily suspended the funds transfer service on your Emigrant Savings Bank, Savings account.

Please contact us at 1-800-347-7000 to reactivate your suspended account.

When I go in my account it, it does say, “Suspended. Call us at 1-800-290-9885.”

Why is the phone number different?!?!

But it sure looks like my transfer is fine:

Date Activity Amount Balance
    10/27/2022 ACH Deposit From Emigrant Bank $35,000.01

Transaction Type External ACH Posted Date Thu, 10/27/2022

So bizarre. Maybe I’ll just wait to see if I get the bonus and then set up a different account to transfer it out.

My SO’s transfer went in yesterday and she already got the bonus. Will probably wait a bit and transfer it out.

So I did get my bonus today, but they ended up suspending my SO’s account access. We had to call up while the person confirmed a bunch of information and even called up the bank we transferred the money from (T-mobile money) and did a 3 way call to confirm she was the owner of that account. I’ve opened at least a dozen checking/savings accounts in the last year and linked a bunch of accounts and transferred a bunch of money around and have never had to do anything like that. I wonder if they are just trying to find a way to get out of paying the bonus? Very bizarre but at least we’re making an easy $900.

• What is up with Discover???

0_1667004302986_76673589-f90f-4545-a5e0-7a273ad4cd47-image.png

So they took my money, gave me the bonus, then reversed the deposit. I mean that’s the ideal situation, but WTF?

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.