Chase and Mint new connection

• Does anyone know if this is good or bad to do? Got a message on mint today to agree to this, and below is their explanation. To the layman here it sounds like a better version where I do not give up my password for limited access, but when I see comparisons to Facebook OAuth, it makes me a little nervous.

What’s new about Mint’s connection to Chase?
    The short answer is, it’s faster and more reliable, which means fewer sync errors for you.

The long answer is, Mint now signs in to select banks using OAuth (Open Standard for Authentication) to more easily access your financial accounts.

If you’ve ever signed in to an app using your Google or Facebook account, you’ve used OAuth before. It means that you no longer have to give us your Chase username and password. Instead, you tell your bank, “Hey, I want Mint to access my account!” They send us a special key (called a token) that we use to access your account. After that, we can still securely access your account even if you change your password.

• The benefit to the token system seems to be that your password only needs to be given to Chase. Presumably, the folks with the Token cant use it to make transactions on your behalf so, in theory, it is a little more secure (assuming that you change your password that was previously given to Mint).

• Ok. Thanks. I will then go ahead and change the password. It’s pretty interesting that I have only been able to do a separate read only user name / password with Wells Fargo. Will have to see if all go to this token method.

Thanks

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.