Bayer Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Large Dog, Over 18 lb, 8 Month Protection $40.84 @Amazon S&S

• @bender 1 in 1.65 dogs that will be diagnosed with cancer this year. Corporate packaged pet food, pet pesticides, and new shots are all suspect.

• 500 Club

@myisland I’m not a dog owner but 1 in 1.65 dogs seems like a very high percentage. Where is your data coming from???

• @my4mainecoons The information came with this link
    https://thetruthaboutpetcancer.com/?a_aid=54f9e5cfe6290&inf_contact_key=4c15a309ce7d4e0fe435d1e2fd90ec8b392a2042a6bea1e09455ca9f8f05df69

My next door neighbors dog got cancer and chemotherapy. They spent thousands on vet bills. I’d never heard of such a thing. I’m old school. My childhood dog lived 20 years on table scraps.

• 500 Club

@myisland I watched the video but they didn’t cite that statistic and I’m not going to sign up.
    1 in 1.65 means 60% of dogs die from cancer.
    That’s a creative statistic.
    Dogs die from trauma, old age, kidney failure, etc. Dogs in shelters are put down.
    To get a cause of death of 60% they’ve got to be narrowing their population, e.g 1 in 1.65 dogs admitted to a veterinary hospital or age 10 years+ even though their video ad talks about young dogs.
    Here’s a scientific study in a reputable journal.
    Results indicated that young dogs (2 years or younger) died most commonly of trauma, congenital disease, and infectious causes. Older dogs, on the other hand, died overwhelmingly of cancer; however, the frequency of cancer peaked in the group that included 10-year-old dogs and then declined with the oldest age group.

Its the same with people. Young people die from trauma, congenital illness and probably drug abuse. Not cancer.

Sorry for the soap box but drives me nuts when for-profit ventures manipulate the data, present it as scientific and give the public mis-information.

The main causes of death in cats are heart disease and cancer. Personally, mine have died of cancer more often than heart disease. They’ve never had flea or tick protection since they don’t go outdoors. My vet advised decreasing immunizations so we don’t vaccinate annually. They still got cancer. If they went outdoors they’d probably have been killed by a car or another animal but they lived longer because they were indoor pets and they lived long enough to get cancer because that’s what kills cats not because they were exposed to flea & tick protection.

• @my4mainecoons I’ve had two outdoor cats over the years. One lived to 20 years and the other to 19. My neighbor’s indoor cat just died of cancer at 9 years. So sad seeing his cats peering out the window when I feed the stay cats chicken scraps.

• 500 Club

@myisland Your cats are lucky. Statistically indoor cats live longer than outdoor cats. We have fisher cats and fox which like cats. 9 is young for cancer. I keep mine indoors because I’m selfish. I don’t want to lose them nor do I want to feel I could have prevented their deaths by keeping them indoors.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.