Free 4LB NUTRO Ultra Grain-free Dog Food Print Coupon - Petco Stores Pals Memebrship Required (Free) also use at Petsmart as competitor Q

• 500 Club

Thanks from my dogs and me, Tuskers!

• 500 Club

Thanks Tuskers. No dogs here but will get as many as I can for donation.

• 500 Club

I picked up a bag of the lamb ingredient version, normal cost $22 and change at my Petco…and darned if two of my dogs (“Heinz 57” 6-1/2 lb mixed breed and 9 lb wirehaired dachshund) turned their noses up at it. We do feed them a good quality dog food from our local pet store, not grocery store stuff, so I was surprised it took all day for them to decide this was edible after all. Our 3rd dog, a 19 lb fox terrier, likes it. Our neighbor got the beef ingredient version, which her dog likes, so I traded her some lamb for some beef, and the two of my dogs who turned their noses up at the lamb also turned their noses up at the beef at first. Once I mixed the Nutro with the food they normally eat ($60 for a 30 lb bag, so it’s pretty good food), they ate both without hesitation.

• 500 Club

@dionaea I got the $22 chicken one but no reviews yet. There’s also a $15.99 small breed variety which I’m going to give to the cats-- putting a little at a time in their usual food. The major difference between dog & cat food is that taurine is always in cat food but not necessarily in dog food and cats fed dog food regularly could become taurine deficient. I’ve mixed dog food into cat food in the past and it hasn’t caused any problems.

• 500 Club

I had read there were differences between commercial dog and cat food, that one had nutritional components that the other did not need or that would not be good for the other, but I didn’t know what it was. Thanks for the information. We have (rarely) fed our dogs cat food on a day we run out of dog food and don’t feel like going to the store until the next day, but our cat walks by the dog food bowls dozens of times a day and insists she gets cat food or else. LOL

• 500 Club

@Dionaea Well the coupon beeped on the “small breed” variety – I didn’t see that it wasn’t grain free. I got the $22 beef since store was out of chicken. No place on the shelf for lamb. I felt the size of the kibble through the bag and it felt small. If your 6-1/2 lb and 9 lb can handle the size my 15-22 lb cats should be able to as well but I know they don’t like beef so I’m going to try to swap for chicken at a different store.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.