Equifax Offers Additional Year of Free Credit Monitoring via "Independent" 3rd Party (Experian) to Breached Accounts Already Enrolled in Their Free TrustedID Premier Service, Exp 01-31-2019

• Global Moderator

I received the following email. I guess they’re responding to backlash over whether they’re qualified to provide credit monitoring when they allowed identity data for millions of people to be stolen.

Subject: Important Information About Your TrustedID Premier Product

Dear ____________,

Following the cybersecurity incident announced on September 7, 2017, Equifax offered complimentary TrustedID Premier to consumers so they could obtain free monitoring services and automated alerts of key changes to their Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit reports. You enrolled in TrustedID Premier, and we sincerely hope this product has been a useful tool in helping you be vigilant about your credit.

We are pleased to let you know that Equifax has chosen Experian, one of the three nationwide credit bureaus, to provide you with an additional year of free credit monitoring service. This extension is at no cost to you, and you will not be asked to provide a credit card number or other payment information. You have until January 31, 2019 to enroll in this extension of free credit monitoring through IDnotify, a part of Experian.

Your new product, IDnotify, includes key features for your protection similar to those included in TrustedID Premier:

• 3-Bureau Credit File Monitoring
    • $1M Identity Theft Insurance
    • Enhanced Internet Scanning for Social Security numbers, as well as your email, phone, medical ID, passport, credit card and other personal information
    • Experian CreditLock

No action is required from you at this time to take advantage of the extended coverage. If for any reason you do not want to receive this extension, please click here or on the button below within 14 days to opt out of the coverage extension.

If you do not opt out, we will share certain personal identifying information of yours with Experian so that they can validate your identity and you can securely enroll in the product.

If you do not opt out, you will receive additional emails from Equifax in the coming weeks with more details about this free product as well as a link to enroll for the extended coverage.

You will have until January 31, 2019 to enroll. Once you successfully enroll, you will no longer receive TrustedID Premier and your credit monitoring will continue through this new product including the additional one year extension. We want to reassure you that you will continue to receive credit monitoring service during this transition. However, if you opt out of us sending your personal identifying information to Experian or do not complete enrollment, your TrustedID product will automatically expire on the one year anniversary date from your enrollment.

For more information, visit the FAQs page.

Sincerely,

Your Equifax Customer Care Team

Message Code: EXTEND 3

• Global Moderator

Frequently Asked Questions

I was impacted by the Equifax 2017 cybersecurity incident and enrolled in.
    TrustedID® Premier. What happens now?

You have the opportunity to:

• Enroll in the Experian IDnotify product, at no cost for additional coverage; or
    • Opt out of the free Experian product.

Why is Equifax collaborating with Experian?
    Equifax has collaborated with Experian®, one of the three nationwide credit bureaus, to provide TrustedID Premier subscribers who were impacted by the 2017 cybersecurity incident with an additional year of free credit monitoring service. Consumers who enroll in IDnotify from Experian will receive their product at no cost.

I have several months left on my TrustedID Premier subscription, but I am receiving this offer for Experian services now. Will I still receive two full years of credit monitoring?
    If you decide to enroll in IDnotify, your credit monitoring service will transition from TrustedID Premier to IDnotify, but you will be given a minimum of two years of total coverage.

What happens if I locked my Equifax credit report through TrustedID Premier – will my Equifax credit report remain locked?
    No, your Equifax credit report will be unlocked when your TrustedID Premier subscription expires. Also, if you enroll in the Experian IDnotify product, your TrustedID Premier product will cancel and your Equifax credit report will be unlocked. <----

If you have another Equifax product with Equifax Credit Lock, we recommend that you sign into that product and lock your Equifax credit report.

If you wish to restrict access to your Equifax credit report, you can place a free security freeze or sign up for our complimentary product Lock & Alert.

What if I have a security freeze on my Equifax credit report?
    If your Equifax credit report is frozen and not locked, the security freeze will stay in place.

My spouse received an email that their TrustedID Premier product was expiring; why aren’t they being extended?
    While Equifax committed to providing TrustedID Premier free for one year to everyone in the United States, we extended the additional credit monitoring service through Experian for those TrustedID Premier subscribers whose information was impacted by the cybersecurity incident.

What if I don’t opt out of receiving the free product from Experian within the 14-day window?
    If you do not opt out, we will share certain personal identifying information of yours with Experian so that they can confirm your identity and you can securely enroll in the product.

What if I want to cancel my TrustedID Premier product before it expires?
    You can cancel your TrustedID Premier product at any time. Please be aware that if you cancel your TrustedID Premier subscription, the Experian free product with extended coverage will not be available to you. <----

If you wish to cancel your subscription, please call us at 1-888-548-7878.

How will Experian use that information?
    Experian will use the information Equifax is sharing to confirm your identity so you can securely enroll you in the Experian product. It will not be used for marketing or solicitation.

Can I continue using TrustedID Premier for another year instead of switching to Experian?
    No, your TrustedID Premier subscription will expire. We have partnered with Experian to provide TrustedID Premier subscribers who were impacted by the 2017 cybersecurity incident with an additional year of free credit monitoring service.

What if I have questions and need support?
    Email Equifax Customer Care anytime at customer.care@equifax.com or call us at 888.548.7878, 8:00 AM – Midnight EST, 7 days a week.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.