POWERXCEL Dual USB Wall Charger, $4.07 CVS Clearance (In-Store, YMMV) Was $16.29

• Global Moderator

Stumbled across these in a rack of mobile phone accesories in the front of the store, most marked “75% Off”. Brought it to the register and it scanned at $4.07. Picked up two for a total of $8.14, less $5.00 in CVS ExtraBucks for a net cost of $1.57 each.

$15.99 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PowerXcel-Rapid-Charge-Dual-Charger/dp/B07NGKDRGM?tag=phtwllt-20

$9 and up on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/p/PowerXcel-3-4a-Rapid-Charge-Dual-USB-Wall-Charger/10028695511

Please note that they’re marked “3.4A Rapid Charge Dual USB Wall Charger”. For starters, I don’t have any idea where the 3.4A rating comes from. The most I could pull from them was just under 1A, with a smartphone and a Fire HD8 tablet connected, each drawing 5 volts and about .45A, according to a meter I connected to it. It wouldn’t charge the Fire by itself any faster, despite the fact that the Fire supports charging at up to 2A. For comparison, the same Fire HD8 charges at 1A on an Anker Elite dual USB wall charger ($11 @ Amazon).

In terms of Rapid Charge, it doesn’t seem to be Qualcomm Quick Charge compatible. I tried it with three different QC-compatible smartphones and it only charges at 5V and around .45A.

On the plus side, these are very compact, smaller than typical single-port USB wall chargers. And they have folding plugs, so they are decent for travelling. For the price you really can’t go wrong.

Enjoy!

• You may be able to check local store stock with this link.
    Charger
    Just an FYI, though, there are reviews of other PowerXcel products on CVS.com and they’re not very good. The cables have very poor reviews.
    Sorry, looks like I posted the link for the car charger, not the wall charger. I can’t find the wall charger online.

• Global Moderator

@sportsfan64 said in POWERXCEL Dual USB Wall Charger, $4.07 CVS Clearance (In-Store, YMMV) Was $16.29:

You may be able to check local store stock with this link.
    Charger
    Just an FYI, though, there are reviews of other PowerXcel products on CVS.com and they’re not very good. The cables have very poor reviews.
    Sorry, looks like I posted the link for the car charger, not the wall charger. I can’t find the wall charger online.

Thanks for the link. No doubt, these aren’t the best. But for a travel charger you might forget and leave behind, or something to leave plugged in at work where it might “disappear”, the price is right.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.