Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle $51.04 + FSSS/Prime @ Amazon.com & Walmart.com

• Global Moderator

Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle

4.0 out of 5 stars (4,458 reviews)

Was: $68.79
    Price: $51.04 (lowest price ever)

Free shipping. with FSSS/Prime

Ships from and sold by Amazon (also directly by Walmart)

• 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions: 8.8"L x 9.75"W x 6.1"H. Bpa free
    • 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
    • 30-Minute keep Warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
    • Blue backlit water window; removable/washable scale filter; boil-dry protection with auto safety shutoff
    • Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup
    • Limited 3-year warranty

• Global Moderator

Also sold directly by Walmart for thesan price.

• @fivetalents I don’t mean to be mean about this deal, but the Cuisinart brand has lost its luster in our house. This after trying to get warranty service from them on a combo coffee maker/hot water dispenser that broke less than 9 months in (the hot water side). It took months of phone calls and several broken promises before they got off the mark and finally sent us a refurbished replacement. So I’d take that “limited 3-year warranty” with a big grain of salt.

On the plus side, this has lots of cool bells and whistles. But on the minus side, note the same thing–as any of them can break!

You have to ask yourself, do I really need all these features? We found that Amazon sells a lot of low-cost cordless electric kettles, and picked out a “no name” one about the same size that has an all stainless steel interior without a water window (no plastic inside) and it has worked perfectly many times a day. Much better/faster than the broken side of our Cuisinart combo unit, for sure!

I’ll probably regret posting this. It’s just a reaction to that last bullet item in the description, lol.

• Global Moderator

@UkeDog I don’t think respectfully reporting a negative experience with a product or brand is being mean. It’s a data point/heads up that might help others, especially when you back it up with details and suggest a potentially better alternative as you did. I always say if you have an experience that is that negative, you should post it in an online review wherever you bought it. Most major companies monitor such things and care that other potential customers hear about it too, so it often puts pressure on them to do better (likewise, post positive reviews when they get it right).

• 500 Club

wow. what a lot of technology to heat water.
    I feel so behind the times… my $2AR from Kohls BF just has on & off.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle $51.04 + FSSS/Prime @ Amazon.com & Walmart.com:

wow. what a lot of technology to heat water.
    I feel so behind the times… my $2AR from Kohls BF just has on & off.

This product is valued among tea and coffee aficionados who require very specific brewing temperatures for different premium tea leaf varieties or for different types of coffee brews. It’s over-kill for those who don’t make specialty brews.

• @fivetalents Thanks for understanding 5talents, and I did review it on Amazon. It’s somewhere in the sea of 1-star reviews for that particular Cuisinart appliance.
    Maybe were all just unlucky recipients of a faulty mfgr run, while others lucked out. However, there is no reasonable explanation for the Cuisinart warranty/customer service struggle.
    Btw I’m running with you 4coons on the complexity factor for making hot water. Our speedy no-name unit has a simple press-down-for-on switch that auto-popups-up when done. It does have a Light-Emitting-Diode in the switch though, lol.

• 500 Club

@fivetalents I use my electric kettle when I hand wash dishes. I don’t want to run the water until it gets hot so I use the electric kettle. Before I had the kettle I used the microwave but I prefer the kettle.

eta: I guess the afficionados must also factor in the temperature of the tea vessel because no matter what kind of pot you put the water in, some of the heat will be lost to the tea pot. I warm my tea pot before adding the hot water to the tea leaves but I wonder how they account for that.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.