Dell E Model E2318HR 23" LED Monitor, Black $69.99 A/C + FS @ Staples

• use promo code: 57501

Enhance your home theater or office viewing experience with this 23" monitor
    TFT active matrix display technology for better clarity
    1920 x 1080 screen resolution delivers excellent detail
    VGA/HDMI: ready to connect with both VGA and HDMI ports
    16:9 aspect ratio enables widescreen viewing
    Supports 16.8 million colors for vivid visuals
    Viewing angle: 178 degrees horizontal, 178 degrees vertical
    Overall dimensions: 16.34"H x 21.45"W x 7.09"D
    Weighs 8.58 lbs. with stand
    Meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR standards
    Comes in black color
    3-year manufacturer limited warranty

https://www.staples.com/dell-23-monitor-e2318hr/product_2767069

• Thank you for posting this promotion. Last week I used my old TV as the gaming monitor because I broke the last one playing Apex legends online game. It’s not really a comfortable device for playing online games. Even with the latest drivers, my TV screen keeps lagging and sometimes black screening. Now I am looking for a good gaming monitor in place of my TV gaming monitor haha. This model looks really good and cheap, and this is a great offer for $69.99 with three years of warranty.

• 500 Club

Am I correct in thinking that a larger monitor requires more internet speed? I can watch videos without buffering on my W7 and XPP laptops & Fire tablet but if if I got a larger screen would it require more speed? My download speed to tablet is 0.71 Mpbs and the tablet is faster than the laptops. I don’t use my W10 laptop online. It’s too slow.

• @my4mainecoons said in Dell E Model E2318HR 23" LED Monitor, Black $69.99 A/C + FS @ Staples:

Am I correct in thinking that a larger monitor requires more internet speed? I can watch videos without buffering on my W7 and XPP laptops & Fire tablet but if if I got a larger screen would it require more speed? My download speed to tablet is 0.71 Mpbs and the tablet is faster than the laptops. I don’t use my W10 laptop online. It’s too slow.

FROM QUORA

No.
    What determines the internet/data quota or bandwidth you use will be much more to do with what websites you visit or what other internet resources you use. A very few websites might decide to send you a bit more data (e.g. a bigger picture or something) if the window size of your browser is bigger (in pixels, not in inches or mm or any physical measure of size), but most will send you the same amount of data regardless of the size of monitor you are using to view them with.

You might find the bigger monitor such a huge improvement to your computer that you use it to access more internet resources than you did before. That would obviously result in your PC consuming more data. But you’re in control of that.

• @my4mainecoons In your browser type in “internet speed test” & either choose the Google test or your providers test. This will show your internet speed. As to the monitor, it is not the screen size that uses bandwidth but rather the resolution such as standard definition ( SD), HD (720/1080p), or 4K.

• 500 Club

@angryeyebrows I did type in Speed Test and it said that my download speed was 0.71 Mpbs. Is there something else I should be looking at?

• @my4mainecoons That is very slow even for wifi. You can try unplugging your modem/router wait a minute or 2 then replugging it. If you know the speed you are paying for & are getting significantly less, it may be time to upgrade your modem/router or contact your internet provider as they can run tests from their end or potentially run new lines to/ in your home. If any of your computers are connected via network cable to a router run a test from there as well. Could be as easy as flushing out your browser cache ( Google it) but that is generally if only one device tests slow.

According to a news article “The FCC says the best ISPs for two or more connected devices and moderate to heavy internet use should offer at least 12 megabits per second (Mbps) of download speed. For four or more devices, 25 Mbps is recommended.”

• 500 Club

@angryeyebrows I’m getting what I’m paying for.
    I am a one person household and rarely use more than one device at a time.
    Sometimes I see 0.5 Mpbs when I do a speed check. I know its slow but it serves my purposes. It was a Hot Deal on FW in 2000. “High speed internet” for $13.95/month for life. I’ve now had 21 years @ $13.95/mo. 😃
    I don’t watch TV (no cable) and I don’t have a cell phone so I don’t need a “bundle”. I don’t play games online and I don’t watch movies. The cheapest “internet only” rate these days is at least $40+/month for a new subscriber. After 2 years the rate would rise to “current” rates.
    On the rare instances when I need a faster speed to download an update I use public wifi at e.g. Staples.

• @my4mainecoons Well, I would at least try to reboot the modem/router if you haven’t already. You can also clear the browser cache as mentioned above.

• 500 Club

@angryeyebrows I’m not having a problem. I was just wondering if I could use a 23" monitor. I should start with seeing what happens when I plug a 17" monitor into my laptop. doh.

Sometimes I lose service and within the past month I’ve turned off the router and turned it back on after a few minutes to see if the problem is the router. Its not. Its cheap service.

I tried to use a brand new W10 machine online and the response time was too slow. So I just use the machine offline.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons said in Dell E Model E2318HR 23" LED Monitor, Black $69.99 A/C + FS @ Staples:

@angryeyebrows I’m not having a problem. I was just wondering if I could use a 23" monitor. I should start with seeing what happens when I plug a 17" monitor into my laptop. doh.

Sometimes I lose service and within the past month I’ve turned off the router and turned it back on after a few minutes to see if the problem is the router. Its not. Its cheap service.

I tried to use a brand new W10 machine online and the response time was too slow. So I just use the machine offline.

I’m currently using 2 24" monitors and one 28" one. My work computer can barely drive the three monitors (and I have to use the 28" one at a lower resolution). My home computer can drive two of these comfortably.

I do have very fast internet, but it has nothing to do with the monitor size. I did have to upgrade my netflix plan so I could watch 4K stuff on my 4K TV. Even that probably doesn’t use all that much bandwidth, but porbably more than .5Mbps.

As far as testing the speed, try doing it when you’re directly plugged in to your router using a network cable. Wireless will degrade your speed.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.