Problems with IE 11

• Hi, as I mentioned in the Rite Aid 10/29 - 11/4 thread, I am having a number of problems with the site using IE 11 (Windows 7). I actually had to switch to Chrome to post this.
    The following are some of the problems I’ve experienced:

• Problems posting. Only Quick Reply works for me. I can’t reply to a post, and the New Topic button doesn’t work either.
    • Links within the site don’t work. The page comes up blank and only loads if I hit the Refresh button.
    • On my work computer, where some sites are blocked, the entire top bar other than the logo doesn’t show up. I can hover over some things and figure out what’s supposed to be there, but none of the icons are visible. I’m not allowed to install another browser there, so it makes it difficult to do more than casual browsing of the site.

There may be more issues, but that’s all I can think of right now.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you.

• 500 Club

@hbg1 I presumed it was the ad blocking software but sounds like its IE? I have Chrome on office machine. I’ll see what happens when I use it.

OAN, I’m using Chrome (W7) right now and I have the old logo, not the brown wallet.

• @my4mainecoons - My guess is that it’s a combination. I have worse problems at work where they block a lot of websites. I’ve had problems there with functionality on other sites, but not as bad as this. The difference for me is that I also have some significant problems on my regular computer. Although now that you mentioned ad blocking software, I realized that I recently turned ad blocking on at home (before FW shut down). I just turned it off on this site and so far everything seems to be working. I still have issues at work, but I don’t think there’s much to be done. So I would say that this isn’t an issue after all. I wasn’t going to post about it in the first place, except that I saw the discussion on the other thread. If anyone else has problems like these, I would suggest turning off any ad blocking programs and see what happens.

(I have the brown wallet logo on both IE and Chrome.)

• @hbg1
    https://phatwalletforums.com/topic/1777/honkinggoose-needs-assistance/19
    I haven’t found a good solution, but found the problem.

• administrators

@honkinggoose said in Problems with IE 11:

@hbg1
    https://phatwalletforums.com/topic/1777/honkinggoose-needs-assistance/19
    I haven’t found a good solution, but found the problem.

I think I need to provide a whitelist that you guys can add to abp.

• Everything appears to be working on that computer once I disabled AdBlock Plus. When I clicked on the icon at the bottom of the browser, it gave me the option to disable it only on this website. I’m okay with leaving it turned off here. I’ll post here again if I still see any issues.

• Sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction, @hbg1. A couple of your issues were exactly like mine.

• I actually did find a real issue on my IE11 home computer. The three vertical dot menu on each post doesn’t open on my computer. It looks like it’s trying to create the menu but it’s a small empty rectangle. I can provide a screenshot if necessary. Thanks!

• Also, I don’t know if there’s a way to edit posts, but either it’s on that menu or I can’t find it. And the “quote” link isn’t working for me consistently. I tried it on another page and it was fine, but here it doesn’t do anything.

Problem #3, the page loading is still not consistently working. Sometimes it will load, but more often than not I’m still having to refresh the page to get more than a blank screen.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.