New $5 Account Credit on Purchase of $25+ for Installing Amazon Assistant Browser Extension

• Global Moderator

It’s back again… this is the 3rd or 4th time Amazon has offered this:

For a limited time, select Amazon accounts qualify for $5 off purchases of $25 or more on items sold by Amazon for installing the Amazon Assistant browser extension.

People who’s account say they do not qualify report getting the discount anyway after following all of the steps below, and people who have done this before are reporting getting it again.

Do the following:

• Install the Amazon Assistant in your internet browser (Google Chrome and FireFox confirmed working). Alternate link.
    • Click on the Amazon Assistant icon on top right hand side of your toolbar.
    • Complete the entire tutorial: the $5 off offer should now appear in the extension. The message should read “Thank you for installing Amazon Assistant. The $5 credit has been applied to your account and expires on December 31, 2017.”
    • Click “redeem” to activate the offer.
    • To apply the credit, search for items sold by Amazon that cost $25 or more through the Assistant search bar (not your browser). It may be easier to search for products in your browser first, then paste the ASIN/Amazon product ID into the Assistant search bar (I tested using this one: B01M0QR22B).
    • The Assistant will show your results in a new browser tab. You must add the item to your cart and check out in this tab to receive the credit. Your $5 off discount should automatically be applied at checkout (appears as "Amazon Assistant: -$5.00 " on checkout screen).

ETA: the credit also works on select third-party gift cards sold by Amazon. It worked when I tested this on both an electronic GC (e.g., Netflix eGC: B00YD563L8) and a plastic GC (e.g., Petco phycical GC: B00BXLVFAO). Be sure to add the GC to your cart to confirm the credit will apply (do not click “Buy Now”). It also works on multiple qualifying items in the same order and/or Subscribe & Save orders.

0_1509785528644_1assistant1.JPG 0_1509780059191_Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 3.07.46 AM.png

Thanks cocolocomoco

• I installed… but no message 😞

• Tried the first link and it didn’t work. Uninstalled and tried the alternate link provided then I got the $5 off $25. Thanks OP.

• Global Moderator

Thanks for the data point @QuiTu. Have you tried both links also @Redbeard25?

• 😕

Sorry, you are ineligible to participate in the promotion.
    This offer is only valid for customers who have not recently used Amazon Assistant. If you think you are getting this message by mistake, please sign-in with a different account.

• Global Moderator

That’s unfortunate @Redbeard25. People who’ve gotten it before (repeatedly) are reporting getting it this time too after uninstalling and reinstalling.

• 500 Club

Thanks. Easy $5.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.