XFINITY Mobile deal discussion (as the deal has expired)

• Global Moderator

Summary:

• Get Verizon unlimited talk & text with Verizon’s postpaid domestic roaming for $0/month+junk fees ($2-3 per month). VoLTE is enabled.
    • Pay for data if you need it (100MB free, $12 per GB, or $45 unlimited) – tethering is available, throttling after 20GB, VoLTE, MMS and iMessage do NOT count toward data usage.

Comcast is running a $200 discount on Xfinity Mobile handsets through 9/13/17. This makes for the following deals:

$250 iPhone 6s
    $199 iPhone SE
    $1 LG X Charge

Like Verizon postpaid lines, you can swap an already-activated SIM into any other Verizon network capable phone. So, if you choose to get the LG X Charge, you can place the activated SIM in another phone and you’re off to the races.

From what I can tell, the PAYGO data includes 100MB “free” per month – so if you’re a WiFi user you can get away with Verizon-quality unlimited talk & text for nearly free (for my jurisdiction, monthly recurring charges are about $2 per month)

Of course, you need to be a Comcast HSI customer.

<edit>

A few additional notes:

• NFL Mobile by Verizon allegedly works – however I’m unsure if it burns mobile data if you’re not on WiFi.

• For those that plan on using/paying for data (it seems like many people have been waiting for BYOD – this is a close as it’ll get), if you swap your device, the APN setting is:

comcast.rslr.vzwentp

• (Also for paying data users) – tethering is enabled.

• Global Moderator

Port-in:

• You must port-in your number BEFORE ACTIVATION, either during or AFTER phone order.
    • No port-in is allowed after activation. No exception!
    • If you are not sure, once you receive the phone, call in to port and activate.

Device Payment Pricing & Other Info

Offers valid 8/25/17 through 9/13/17. Restrictions apply. $200 savings off regular retail price when activating a new XFINITY Mobile line of service. Valid on select devices. While supplies last. Limit 5 per account. © 2017 Comcast. All rights reserved.

Additional fees, such as those for government taxes and regulatory recovery fees, apply.

Pay monthly for your device: XFINITY Mobile Device Payment Plan Agreement (“Device Agreement”) required. Applicable taxes for the full device amount charged when device is shipped (or when the device is fulfilled in an XFINITY retail store) and is in addition to the monthly charge.

The remaining balance under the Device Agreement becomes immediately due and payable if there is no remaining line on your XFINITY Mobile account that receives service from XFINITY Mobile and at least one of the following post pay subscriptions are not maintained on the account during the term of the Device Agreement: XFINITY TV, Internet, or Voice; or XFINITY Mobile service is terminated for breach.

• Global Moderator

XM Plans (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/plan)

• No line access fees on up to 5 lines
    • Unlimited Verizon nationwide talk and text
    • Unlimited: $45 PER LINE, no sharing
    • By the gig (pay-as-you-go) plan: SHARED by all lines. Under 100MB: FREE; Otherwise, $12/GB
    • There is no contract, you will pay monthly taxes and fees which vary by location…usually $2-3 but in areas like City and County of San Francisco, California - $5.21

Devices:
    *XM is a Verizon MVNO, most XM devices are LOCKED to XM. See below for unlock policy.
    *XM & Verizon does not tied SIM card and phone together. (Sprint ties them together).
    *This means, with XM, you are free to move the XM SIM card to any compatible devices, including VZW post-paid phones (VZW prepaid phone has to be unlocked).

• Make sure that when you use a non-XFinity Mobile branded device that in order for data to work, to set the APN to:
      COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP
      If you’ve activated but your iPhone’s not working, confirm that you see “XFINITY Mobile” on the top left of the home screen.
      Connect to a WiFi network
      Go to Settings > General > About
      Wait for the Carrier Settings Update prompt to appear, then select “Update” which will get your data working.
      For those with iPhone’s who are unable to change/edit your APN, goto http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit and even though XFinity Mobile is not on the list, just pick Verizon Wireless which will make the APN visible so you can manually edit it.
    • The latest and current PRL (Preferred Roaming List) as of September 17, 2017 is 15516.
      If you have a older version, you will need to power off phone, remove SIM from phone and power on phone so it boots up. After booting up, you will need to power off phone, insert SIM in phone and power on. You can check the PRL version by going to Settings -> About phone -> Status. The PRL is what controls what cell towers you can and cannot connect
      to including the 1xRTT/3G/4G LTE networks. This is a better explanation of what a PRL is:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferred_Roaming_List
    • Hint: Buy $1 LG X Charge, unlocked LG X Charge first. and then move XM sim to an iPhone/Pixel/etc.

Port-in:
    As of September 1, 2017 - You can order the phone with a new number and activate while still being able to port your number from another carrier. To do so you’ll need to call XFinity
    Mobile Team at 888-936-4968 so their mobile team can assist with your number change/porting request. This information was posted by ComcastMax in official capacity in the following thread and also verified by XFinity Mobile on Facebook:
    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/change-number/td-p/2

LG X Charge for $1:
    *Exclusive XM SKU
    5.5" 720p Screen
    2 GB RAM
    Large 4,500 mAh battery
    Bluetooth 4.2
    Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz/5G Dual Band !!
    Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 !!
    Snapdragon 425 CPU
    Android 7.0 (Nougat)
    Internal Storage of 16 GB (9.43 GB usable)
    microSD slot up to 2TB

• LG X Charge comes SIM LOCKED to XM. Asking me for Sim Unlock Pin using a T-Mobile sim and my VZW sim
    • AFTER you request unlock, it can partially support AT&T & T-Mobile (missing some bands).
    • AFTER you request unlock, it WILL NOT support Sprint, as all Sprint devices have to be whitelisted and even if it was whitelisted, it is missing 4G LTE bands 25, 26, 41 so all you will get is 3G.

UNLOCK INFO
    Attention: Make sure you put your XM SIM into the phone you want unlocked, turn the phone on and allow it to register on the network as they can only provide the unlock code for the most recent registered device.

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115004305128/am-i-eligible-to-unlock-my-phone

If you need to unlock your phone so that you can switch out your SIM card, it’s no problem. There are just a few requirements to be aware of.
    Criteria for unlocking your phone
    Make sure the following things are true:
    The phone must be an XFINITY Mobile device.
    The phone must not be reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraudulent activity.
    The phone cannot be active on another XFINITY Mobile customer’s account.
    Your XFINITY Mobile Account must be in good standing. One exception is if you are an active member of the military—regardless of account standing, all active-duty military personnel are eligible to have their phones unlocked.
    If you’re on a Device Payment Plan…
    In addition to the criteria mentioned above, if you’re paying for your phone on a Device Payment Plan and you have an active account with XFINITY Mobile, the phone you want to unlock must belong to a current XFINITY Mobile or Comcast customer. Your account must be in good standing as well.
    If you’re paying for your phone on a Device Payment Plan but your account with XFINITY Mobile is inactive, the account must still be in good standing. Also, the primary account holder must be able to authenticate the disconnected account before the phone is eligible for unlocking.
    NOTE: After your phone is unlocked, you are still responsible for making all the remaining payments on your Device Payment Plan.

Be Careful if you plan to order cheap LG phone and use the SIM card in your Verizon iPhone 6S/7. No one I have seen, has been able to get Visual Voicemail to work with the XM SIM on apple devices as of this month. If anyone knows different please add to wiki. Also, if you do this, there is no WiFi Calling and no personal hotspot.

100MB of free data is shared between all the lines in an account.

Having trouble activating with xfinitymobile.com/activate… try www.xfinity.com/mobile/activate

*** Added $200 Visa Card Flyer *** and *** Second Showing that Double Play is OK ***

LG X Charge, Black case/cover for only $1.99 if you can wait several weeks for shipping…
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Soft-Pudding-TPU-Gel-Cover-Case-Skin-for-LG-X-power-2-K10-Power/32805199765.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.cc9ZQC

LG X Charge phone details/bands…
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=5424

The default apps on the LG X Charge which is the standard for all Android devices is:
    XFINITY MOBILE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinitymobile.myaccount
    XFinty Mobile Voice Mail https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comcast.modesto.vvm.client
    even though the setup will allow you to install the following as optional:
    Pocket Geek https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pocketgeek.android
    XFinity Stream TV https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr
    XFinity MyAccount https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comcast.cvs.android

To get XFinity WiFi working on a non-XFinity Mobile branded device to get free unlimited WiFi when needed, all you need to do is install the XFINITY WiFi Hotspots app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comcast.hsf

There is also a Free Google 100GB storage for 2 years, just open the Google Drive app on the LG Charge X and it will show the offer.

• Global Moderator

marcopolomle said:
    Few questions

1. Has anyone tried porting their number after getting a new number?
    2. Is there an early termination fee if you don’t like the service ?
    3. Can I buy now and activate the service later ?
    4. What happens if I buy it and don’t activate it?

I am concerned about not getting a good coverage in my area thereby making the deal worthless.
    That’s why I first want to try out the service before porting all our numbers.

1. You can’t port after getting a new number since you either order with a new number or you order as a port. From what I read on DSLReports from Comcast employees, you have to cancel the line with the new number and then order again with the port.
    2. No, it’s a month to month service so there is no contract or any early termination fee
    3. Your service will begin when you activate or 7 days after delivery whichever is earlier.
    4. See #3, your service will begin whether you like it or not after 7 days from the delivery date.

The service is the same as Verizon Wireless so depending on how their service is at your location.

• Global Moderator

Thanks HotSalami & Almighty1 and others for the deal & the info

• i live in an area that has very bad Sprint service. had them for years, but good service where I work in Manhattan. Switched 3 of the family’s phones to 3 xcharge phones, am as happy as sh-t!!, free everything, except for NY State taxes, 3.85 per phone. Phone connects seamlessly to work internet, connects on Metro North RR to grand central internet for free, and in home area uses xfinity wifi. All I do is talk and text and a bit of reading these forums! it’s great. And activated all the phones via their website. I had Comcast cable/internet/landline for years and they have come a long way from the crappy service years ago. Basically when it comes to cable TV, I am lazy and won’t be a cord cutter. i like to just use 1 remote with no signins. Wife wants all the local NYC and CT channels. We have their Premier X1 platform. it’s great. She pays for top tier, she is an overpaid Westchester County elementary school teacher. But I hardly have time to watch TV. The only channels I look at lately on my days off are lifetime movies. Those women are HOT!!!

• so can i order 5 LG X for $5, get new numbers and use the sim in 5 BYOD for almost free (100mb data)?
    and is the 100mb data shared between devices?

ETA
    i see that the phone discount is no longer offered. 😢

• @miserly said in XFINITY Mobile deal discussion (as the deal has expired):

so can i order 5 LG X for $5, get new numbers and use the sim in 5 BYOD for almost free (100mb data)?
    and is the 100mb data shared between devices?

ETA
    i see that the phone discount is no longer offered. 😢

Yes to the first question if it was on or before September 13, 2017. After that the 5 devices will cost $180 each. And the answer to the 2nd question is yes except for the devices on the $45 unlimited data plan.

• Global Moderator

@almighty1 said:

It appears that there is a $200 Prepaid Visa card offer that requires only XFInity Internet and activation of XFinity Mobile except it will take up to 18 weeks which is 4.5 months. You do probably need to have received the physical offer letter in the mail for proof the offer in case you don’t get it and just to be save, you should keep the XFinity Mobile service active until you receive the promotion. I called the phone number on the letter yesterday even after my XFinity Mobile activation was done on September 9, 2017 and they said I qualified for the promotion since I had XFinity Internet service and also activated XFinity Mobile prior to the offers expiration as it does not list a offer begin date. They have added the promotion to my account and to suggested I keep the letter for reference until I receive the promotion reward.

• Global Moderator

I am unable to figure out how does “XFINITY WiFi Hotspots app” actually works on a non-XFinity Mobile branded phone.
    I installed it and logged into my account but all it does is show the hotspots and only connects to " xfinity hotspots" as compared to “XFINITY hotspots”?
    What am I doing wrong here?

• @marcopolomle said in XFINITY Mobile deal discussion (as the deal has expired):

I am unable to figure out how does “XFINITY WiFi Hotspots app” actually works on a non-XFinity Mobile branded phone.
    I installed it and logged into my account but all it does is show the hotspots and only connects to " xfinity hotspots" as compared to “XFINITY hotspots”?
    What am I doing wrong here?

Good question. I have actually used the app on my LG G4 VS986 (Verizon Wireless branded) phone since February 2016 and I can see it autoconnects to Xfinity Wifi hotspots automatically except a majority of the time, it seems like the data is not transferring probably because of the poor signal strength since I know these are basically the XFinity and Comcast Business Internet gateway router/modems that is providing the signals. I didn’t note which type it is except from what I read, the capital XFINITY are the supposedly the secured hotspots. Here is a thread that talks more about it:
    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/What-does-the-Xfinity-WiFi-hotspot-app-really-do/td-p/2964011

There is also some information on this thread and post #84 gives info on how to get the secured XFINITY hotspots working:
    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/LG-X-Charge-isn-t-automatically-connecting-to-home-or-wifi/td-p/2949041

That is based on this XFinity article:
    https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/secure-vs-open-xfinity-wifi/

• If one is getting poor latency which will result in poor data speeds, they should comment in the thread here at Xfinity’s own forums:
    http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/XFinity-Mobile-data-network-latency-not-within-published-specs/td-p/2978601

• Latest PRL is 15533. The PRL versions seems to always be 2 less than the Verizon Wireless version.

• New android update for the LG x charge vM322V10k

• Global Moderator

@almighty1 said in XFINITY Mobile deal discussion (as the deal has expired):

New android update for the LG x charge vM322V10k

Any feedback on the new update?

• No difference really from what I can tell…

• There was another update on December 10, 2017

Update for the LG X Charge M322V10n
    summary 1. Phone usability and functionality has been further improved

• 500 Club

The LG X Charge has a $150 rebate until 1/25. $180 + tax - $150.

• Have a question, for anyone out there with a XFinity branded Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, do you know what your voicemail # is set to when you hold down the 1 key in the dialer which should be shown also in the settings menu of the Phone/Dialer app? Also, does anyone know if Video Calling works with the S8/S+ or any other phone on XFinity Mobile for that matter? Thanks!

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.