Can't run MS Office . It keeps asking for the product key then close the app

• Summary of Problem: When I tried to run Excel or Word, I get a screen for the product Key; then 1 window pops up saying “please wait while Windows configures MS Office…”. 0_1601809518071_MSOffice2003_Problem.jpg Then it disappears and not launch the program.

Long version: I had Office 2003. then I tried to install Office 2013. It didn’t work; and I uninstall Office 2013. It left a loft of files behind. So I run regedit and deleted anything related to Office. I probably deleted more than I should.

Then I reinstall Office 2003. The first time, it ask me whether I want to change, or uninstall. So I select uninstall. Then I run setup again, this time it starts the installation process. It accepted my Product key.

But when I try to launch Excel or Word, the app comes up BUT a POP-UP asks me for the product key again. I type it in again. A pop-up says configuring MS Office, and quickly closes the app. The process repeat every time I try to run Excel or Word.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

• I’d start with downloading and install Keyfinder thing and see what might be stored as the product key for your Office 2003. This might be better explained at: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-product-keys-for-older-ms-office-versions-2625094
    I’d check and see if there is a stored key that might be different than what you want to enter (or at least confirm you typed it correctly…B instead of 8 etc).

Of course, this is where I get snarky and suggest you just abandon MS Office, especially version 2003, and install Libre Office but I won’t do that 😉

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.