Chase Ink Business Preferred Card 80K Points w/ $5K Spent in 1st 3-mos

• Chase offers the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card with 80,000 Ultimate Rewards Bonus Points after making $5,000 in purchases during the first 3 months from account opening. Thanks drdvls

Card Features:
    Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
    Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in select categories each account anniversary year
    Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
    Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
    Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don’t expire as long as your account is open
    No foreign transaction fees
    Employee cards at no additional cost
    $95 Annual Fee

Apply here

Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card Recon)

PSA by daydream3r: Try to apply through a referral link [goo.gl] because a lot of DP lately state that you are actually getting the 100k bonus points. it is 20k more than applying through the SD link. YMMV

100K UR points - starting Mar 12 - in Branch only - YMMV

Maximizing value of the rewards:

1. The most optimized way to use Chase Ultimate Rewards is to transfer to airline miles that you happen to have a usage. One example of best redemption is to transfer to United Mileageplus. US to Asia one way business class meeds 80,000 miles. It is over $1500 if pay by cash. There’e lots of other trips and other airline miles Chase Ultimate Rewards can transfer to, making it very possible to redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards at 1.5-2 cents per point or even higher. (Waring: airline award tickets may have limited availability. Make sure it’s available before transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards to miles).

2. Booking flight at Chase directly (if you happen to travel) makes the rewards 1.25 cents/point

3. Redeem as Gift card when there is promotion. The best promition in the history is 30% for gift card purchase, which is very rare. With more commonly seen 10% off or 20% off, the value of Chase Ultimate Rewards could be more than 1.1/1.2 cents (of gift card value) each point.

4. Sell at brokers for cash. This option is in gray area. Chase doesn’t want you to do it, but Chase wouldn’t know if you do it. One reliable broker is milesp2p.com which has good reputation online and over two thousand facebook likes. As of now (March 2017), price for Chase Ultimate Rewards is 1.35 cents/point.

5. Of course the least option is to cash at Chase (or to pay mortgage) at 1 cent/point. To me this should be the last option.

• Refer a Friend Program:
      You can now get extra points by Referring a Friend [goo.gl].

EARN UP TO 100,000 bonus points PER YEAR

Enjoying the benefits of your Ink Business Card? Invite fellow business owners to apply for Ink Business Preferred and earn 20,000 bonus points for each business owner who gets the card.

• Note that you need a premium Chase card in order to transfer points out, and this qualifies. Combine with Chase Freedom and their 5% categories to get more Ultimate Rewards Points. While United is the most commonly cited one (I burned 160,000 miles in business class for me and my mom for a last minute family event, which would have cost $3,000+ with cash), don’t overlook BA Avios or Hyatt (good Hyatt redemption values in major cities like Seattle).

• Global Moderator

Can anyone explain / share their experience with the referral link getting 100K instead of 80k? I had not heard of that and had been thinking of getting this card for the points.

TIA!

• @gremln007 said in Chase Ink Business Preferred Card 80K Points w/ $5K Spent in 1st 3-mos:

Can anyone explain / share their experience with the referral link getting 100K instead of 80k? I had not heard of that and had been thinking of getting this card for the points.

TIA!

Sadly, the 100k in branch offer with Business Relationship Managers doesn’t provide a referral bonus for the referrer. Essentially, the BRM receives a commission/finder’s fee, instead.

Referral links work well with the 80k offer, however.

• Global Moderator

Thanks @aigo! It also seems like BRMs are a bit like unicorns…

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.