50% off staples rewards plus

• administrators

https://www.staples.com/mem/rewards-plus

I’m wondering if it makes sense to buy this now that it’s only $30 instead of $60. My YTD spend is only $180, and I don’t think I’ll get it back to $1k by the end of the year, which means my recycling will go down to 10 cartridges next year (so I will miss out on $120 in rewards)

• Russ it would pay off for you to purchase their Business membership, and get to keep your 20 carts per month status. It also gives you a few other perks as well, but releases the spend limits to maintain status
    Special pricing on paper, make rebates money makers on some offers.

• administrators

@lorenw said in 50% off staples rewards plus:

Russ it would pay off for you to purchase their Business membership, and get to keep your 20 carts per month status. It also gives you a few other perks as well, but releases the spend limits to maintain status
    Special pricing on paper, make rebates money makers on some offers.

Wonder if i can do it in store and use rewards to pay for it.

• 500 Club

https://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/programs/credit/

“Automatic upgrade to Premier status”

• I got switched over for free. The lower prices it promises are Amazon prices and you lose the (upwards of ) 5% rewards.

• 500 Club

@pruhtp He probably doesn’t care about the 5% since his spend to date is $180.

@dangeRuss I think if you only want to be able to recycle 20 carts it makes sense to get Business Rewards or the More Acct. However, I don’t understand how you’d miss out on $120/year. Why not $240?

For those who spend money at Staples the Business Rewards Program is a money loser. I was also “upgraded” for free but called to be downgraded to normal after I realized I’d lost $130 in Rewards.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons said in 50% off staples rewards plus:

@dangeRuss I think if you only want to be able to recycle 20 carts it makes sense to get Business Rewards or the More Acct. However, I don’t understand how you’d miss out on $120/year. Why not $240?

For those who spend money at Staples the Business Rewards Program is a money loser. I was also “upgraded” for free but called to be downgraded to normal after I realized I’d lost $130 in Rewards.

Sorry, you’re right its $240 I would miss out on.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons said in 50% off staples rewards plus:

How did you lose $130?

And how do I get upgraded for free?

Went to the store yesterday, nobody even heard of this program.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss You get upgraded for free by being a “valued customer”. Here’s discussion about losing Rewards.
    I called, was “downgraded” and because of @juicer’s success I argued to get back the lost Rewards. Rewards CSR came up with value of $130 which was more than I thought. It arrived and it was cashed out with BF deals. I came out ahead in the end-- 2 $25/$25 appeasements and $130 in Rewards kept me a satisfied customer.

My year to date spend is >$2k. I bought a lot of MMAR software. McAfee was crazy-- something like $4.99 online with $40 rebate. L5 so I ordered 5 for a bunch of friends. They dumped Kaspersky with rebates. eg $40 on line w/o rebate, $80 instore w/ $60 rebate. Bought in store, did PM to dot.com and submitted for rebate. Sold all the Kaspersky but if anyone needs McAfee I have 20 boxes.

• 500 Club

I’m lucky, I guess, that I didn’t get “upgraded” and am still just Premier with 5% monthly purchases as long as the 5% amounts to $5 or more in a particular month. My account is still in the name of my former business. Now I’m an Independent Contractor, using a lot of toner and paper, so the account is still for both business and personal purchases. I make sure I spend at least 1K a year in order to qualify for the 20 cartridges a month, mostly by getting the paper and doing the rebates. I then trade it to my dentist for credit on my bill. Thanks for the heads-up as I’ll have to keep an eye on my account to make sure they don’t sneakily “upgrade” it.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.