Amazon Prime Motorola T100TP Talkabout Radio, 3 Pack $33.99 ExpUnk

• @marvomatic This looks like a good deal. One thing to keep in mind about these types of radios is the on/off “switch” can affect the battery life if they are not used a lot. Radios with an on/off button like this use use a very small amount of current even when powered off, meaning that the batteries will slowly drain. Units like these with a physical on/off switch (combined with the volume control) use no power while off, and thus the batteries last long when not in use. Not a huge deal, but something to be aware of.

• George, That’s interesting! I guess you should remove the battery’s, when It wont be used for a few days. Are you a Ham operator? My call is WB2SZI.

• A few days doesn’t make much difference. Sitting on a shelf for a longer time (maybe months) is where you’ll notice the effect of the drain.

Yes, my call is KN6MYV. I see that you’re an “old time” HAM, since they don’t issue “advanced” class licenses any more. BTW: I’m sure you’re aware that it’s about time to renew your license.

• Oh, thank you for that! Its time to renew my license! I moved from NJ to be near my son. He lives in Berkeley. I moved here 3 years ago. I taught him everything to become a Ham, when he was around 10. His call is KB2NHG.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.