EXPIRED -Free Pc Game "Aven Colony" (reg. $30) @ Epic Games- Claim by 11/11

• Login w/ free account. Requires Epic Gamed client to play.
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/aven-colony

• Available now

• 500 Club

Got it yesterday and added it to my laptop. Does Epic Games have any good games that would work on a Kindle Fire (android device)? Seems like most are only for Windows, a few for Windows or Mac.

• @dionaea Sorry, nothing for the Fire. The problem with the Fires is Amazon uses a tweeked version of Android. You are pretty much limited to the Amazon app store unless you side load apps from Google Play but that’s a whole other situation. It’s Christmas time, look for a decent discounted Android tablet and enjoy all the free games from the Google Play store.

• administrators

@angryeyebrows said in Free Pc Game "Aven Colony" (reg. $30) @ Epic Games- Claim by 11/11:

@dionaea Sorry, nothing for the Fire. The problem with the Fires is Amazon uses a tweeked version of Android. You are pretty much limited to the Amazon app store unless you side load apps from Google Play but that’s a whole other situation. It’s Christmas time, look for a decent discounted Android tablet and enjoy all the free games from the Google Play store.

I remember being able to sideload the play store on some devices.

• 500 Club

Thanks, AngryEyebrows. I got a 7" Amazon Fire at least 8 or 9 years ago to listen to audiobooks and read books from Audible and our local library. Upgraded a few years later to an 8" size when I was bedbound and bored with a busted ankle and loaded some one-player games on it. Haven’t bothered with the games in probably 6+ years, mainly just listened to audiobooks and read books, occasionally checked emails. Just too small a screen since I mainly use a 17" HP Pavilion laptop. Bought the 10" Kindle Fire a couple months ago, and the larger screen means I finally enjoy the portability of the 10" screen. However, I was ticked to the max to learn that most games that are not from Amazon can’t be loaded and played on it. I didn’t understand why. Since they’re using a tweeked version of Android, as you said, that explains it. We kinda blew our spare change for the rest of this year on a MineLaps Equinox 600 Metal Detector, so yet another play toy will have to wait until sometime next year. But yes, after experiencing the Amazon Store Only games limitation, my next tablet won’t be an Amazon Fire one. 🐖

• @dionaea Here’s the most recent info on sideloading Google Play if you want to try
    https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

• EXPIRED

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.