Samsung Galaxy S8 or LG V30

• Looking to get a new phone and planned to get a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+. Then I talked to a guy that has a S8 and he told me that he regrets getting the phone because whenever he grabs the phone it thinks he tapped it because the screen curves around the edges of the phone. He also has to be very careful because the curved glass is very easy to crack if the phone is dropped. He hasn’t found a case that gives the S8 adequate protection because of the curved glass edges. Now I’m nervous about getting a S8 and looking at the LG V30. Is the Samsung S8 as troublesome as I was told?

• Global Moderator

@redmed

My employer switched to Verizon. They gave me an S8 to replace my old carrier’s S5. I have not had any of the issues you mentioned. I will say that the S8 is very expensive if you are buying it yourself. You might consider the J7 which can be had for around $200.

• “LG V30 vs Galaxy S8: Which Android flagship is best?”

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/lg-v30-vs-galaxy-s8-3275821#I2LwmhKRarkvJP5A.99

• I think S8 has a regular version (not the “edge”). My son has an S7 (same screen) that he tossed onto a sofa cushion from two feet away and the screen cracked and broke, eventually after two weeks the screen went completely black.
    He had a rubber case on the phone as well as a Zagg (type) screen protector.

The rest of us (4) in the family all have S5’s with the same phone protection installed; I know I’ve dropped my phone on the cement garage floor and nothing happened to it.
    I’m the one that sets up the phones, when I played around with my son’s S7 I wasn’t impressed with it being any better then the S5; only difference is that we can’t install/use Samsung Pay on the S5, and the charging pad would be nice.

I did a search and found an article written by a guy with an S8 that kept trying various screen protectors, his favorite one was by OTAO. I ordered one for my son for $8 from ebay (hasn’t arrived yet because it was from overseas).

• I ended up getting a LG V20. No edge activation issues, replaceable battery and supposed to be very tough. I may keep this V20 for awhile. The only downside so far is no notification led. That has been easily rectified by “Missed Notification Reminder”.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.