Do you have any Suggestions for traveling abroad?
upinworld last edited by
I want to travel abroad, but not sure where to go, want to see beautiful scenery, experience different life
@upinworld what is “beautiful scenery”? Mountains, ocean, woods, cities?
Since you’re posting here, I presume you’re looking for exceptional value as well.
Here’s a list of exchange rates with the USD, with a (hopefully) familiar set of green and red indicators to show you where your dollars will go the furthest:
I would suggest anywhere in the European Union; Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, or Spain. The Euro seems to be in the toilet at the moment.
upinworld last edited by
@ctcarl thanks，useful for me
ruthie last edited by
@upinworld Well I had typed up a long answer and I navigated accidentally to a different page and lost it! Bottom line is it’s hard for us to answer your question without knowing more about your personal likes/dislikes.
So, here is a VERY generic, generalized list of ideas to get you started.
*Trains are great for scenery - very old world feel to them although they are modernized of course
- Youth hostels - “back in my day” the cut off age was 35 so check if there is an age limit. Years ago I stayed in 3, and loved each of them…one was formerly a castle. I even loved the dank, damp, musty old London Boys Choir hostel for its flavor and character. They are all over the world. Study up on hostels - they are not for everyone!
- If you are a girl check out https://www.thelmandlouise.com/en-gb/
- If you love history - Europe, any and all of it. If heading to Europe learn how to read a train timetable.
- Do you want a guided tour or a do-your-own-thing trip? They both serve their purposes; they both have pro’s and con’s.
- I use tauck.com which is a river-cruise only tour operator to garner ideas and build a wishlist; they send gobs of catalogs.
- Is there a concert you’d love to go to in city you’d love to visit? Combine the 2.
- Are you traveling alone or looking for a travel buddy? There are travel clubs where you can connect with people also traveling alone.
I think if I were you, I’d buy a world map and some pushpins and start narrowing down what destinations are important to you? Then set a goal, 1 or 2 destinations x year. Build your savings up for this; you’ll be glad you did.
So basically, this is the web, and this is a free forum – you get what you pay for. If those didn’t spur any ideas or thoughts for you…at the very least you can go to the library and check a few travel books out.
Lucy3 last edited by
@upinworld said in Do you have any Suggestions for traveling abroad?:
I fond of travelling abroad! In Europe I like walk along old streets and drink a coffee. In Asia I like beach holiday. I’ve never been in America continent, but I belive that sometimes I will be there! My last trip was in UAE (Dubai). If you are afraid travelling in another country you can hire, for example, a driver with a car who will be take you everything. In Dubai I was alone and I don’t know their laws, and I am a women. That’s why I rent a car with driver (tlt.ae) and any other men did not bother me. I felt safely. In any case, all have different experiences in travel. To better answer your question I need more information from you.
Travel Hound last edited by
Best bang for your buck are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. http://whc.unesco.org/en/list
Roughly speaking, World Heritage Sites are based on either natural beautiful (Grand Canyon and Everglades are in this category), Cultural (Machu Pichu, Angkor) or a combination. According to their website, "To be included on the World Heritage List, sites must be of outstanding universal value and meet at least one out of ten selection criteria.Look up the World Heritage Sites per country."
FYI, Spain has more historical/cultural World Heritage Sites than any other country in Europe. Safe travels!