mark as expired

• question: every Fatwallet posting has a “mark as expired” button in the OP. Then I believe the way it worked was typically a FW mod would either move it to the expired forum, or sometimes commented back that they wanted to hold off on expiring it (because certain deals/vendors often became good again quickly).
    Is there a function like that here?

• If you click on the three stacked dots at the right side of a post, one of the options will be “Flag this post for moderation” - please feel free to use it any time any post needs the attention of the moderators for any reason! Thanks for helping us keep an eye on things!

• 500 Club

@mikk1 said in mark as expired:

If you click on the three stacked dots at the right side of a post, one of the options will be “Flag this post for moderation” - please feel free to use it any time any post needs the attention of the moderators for any reason! Thanks for helping us keep an eye on things!

That works for other peoples posts but not ones I posted myself. I was trying to mark one of my own deals as expired but that option doesn’t exist. So there is no way to flag your own posts,

• Going to refer this one to @dangeRuss as this problem has also come up in the Sacramento Bee thread and I don’t believe @fivetalents was able to find an immediate solution for an OP being able to flag their own post when it expires or needs to be deleted. An inelegant solution would be to flag a reply, but that’s not a good path forward.

Thanks for your feedback @VegasVegan

• Global Moderator

Going to refer this one to @dangeRuss as this problem has also come up in the Sacramento Bee thread and I don’t believe @fivetalents was able to find an immediate solution for an OP being able to flag their own post when it expires or needs to be deleted. An inelegant solution would be to flag a reply, but that’s not a good path forward.

Thanks for your feedback @VegasVegan

Unfortunately, I did not find way for members to flag their own posts (and discovered that mods can’t flag their own posts either, LOL). Although you could flag a reply to your OP as an indirect solution, that is not an option in cases where no one replies to your thread.

• or just post a reply and use the @Global-Moderators tag to let all of us know? Didn’t think of that before.

• 500 Club

or just post a reply and use the @Global-Moderators tag to let all of us know? Didn’t think of that before.

The old “bump” to delete protocol

• Global Moderator

@fivetalents said in mark it dead, please:

@iaclassic I sent a you a link via chat to the post quoted below around the time you posted this thread… a little too late on my part unfortunately. Although, it is good to have this issue in the support forum to get it officially recognized as an issue that needs to be addressed/place it on the to-do list, a help request has already been created for this topic: https://phatwalletforums.com/topic/411/mark-as-expired. I’m going to lock this thread as a repost and mark it resolved, but invite you to join the discussion in the existing thread. Thank you for contributing.

@fivetalents said in Please read before posting.:

@rambone said in Please read before posting.:

Tried looking for the option myself, to no avail…I posted a deal that expired and was looking for the ‘report dead deal’ button/menu option and couldn’t find one. So I just deleted the entire post.

Is there a ‘report expired deal’ option available to OP’ers that I just couldn’t see? TIA.

Hello @rambone. Thank you for asking.

When a thread expires, please do not delete it.

You can post a reply in the thread stating that it is expired (you can also add “EXPIRED” in front of the title to alert the other members and also provide another means for mods to spot expired threads). The next mod to see your reply or title change will move it to the expired sub-forum. Since we are all volunteers, it may take a little but for that to happen. However, if it is taking a very long time to be moved, you can flag the moderators and explain your request there.

Thanks for understanding. We hope to have a more streamlined expiration process down the line when resources allow.

Also, I located your deleted thread, restored it, and moved it the expired deals sub-forum. If you have other threads that need to be un-deleted/restored, please let us know.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.