Macy's 30% off with promo code through Sunday 3/25

• Macy’s has started their VIP sale through Sunday, March 25th, and as part of this sale, they are offering 30% off with promo code “VIP” (without quotes)

• Global Moderator

Includes 15% off beauty purchases and far fewer exclusions apply despite the long list (30% off many designer brands that rarely go on sale).

EXTRA 30%, 25%, 15% OR 10% OFF

Use promo code VIP in your shopping bag for extra savings.

TO GET EXTRA SAVINGS: Place qualifying items in shopping bag, then enter promo code VIP in the box labeled “HAVE A PROMO CODE?” and click “APPLY.” You can enter the promo code in your shopping bag at any time before or during checkout. Only one promo code may be used per transaction.

EXTRA 30% OFF select regular-priced & sale: clothing for women, men & kids, accessories, shoes, coats, dresses, lingerie, swim for her, men’s suit separate & sport coats, home, suits for her, and fine & fashion jewelry.

EXTRA 25% OFF select regular-priced & sale: watches.

EXTRA 15% OFF select regular-priced & sale: cosmetics & fragrances.

EXTRA 10% OFF select regular-priced & sale: electrics/electronics, furniture, rugs, floor coverings & mattresses.

EXCLUDES ALL: Bonus Buys, Deals of the Day, Everyday Values (EDV), Last Act, lowest prices of the season, Macy’s Backstage, specials, The Market @ Macy’s, athletic clothing/shoes/accessories, baby gear, designer jewelry/sportswear/watches, gift cards, gourmet foods, jewelry trunk shows, previous purchases, restaurants, services, kids’ shoes, smart watches/jewelry, special orders, select tech accessories, toys, select water bottles, wine, American Rug Craftsmen, Anova, Apple Products, Barbour, Bow & Drape, Brahmin, Breitling, Breville, Briggs & Riley, Brooks Brothers Red Fleece, select COACH handbags, Demeyere, Dyson, Eileen Fisher SYSTEM, Global Cutlery, Hanky Panky, Hurley, Johnston & Murphy, kate spade new york accessories/apparel, Kenneth Cole kids’ shoes, KitchenAid Pro Line, Le Creuset, LEGO, LensCrafters, Levi’s, select Locker Room by Lids, Marc Jacobs, select Michael Kors/Michael Michael Kors, Miyabi, Movado Bold, Natori, Nike swim, Original Penguin, Panache, Patricia Nash Discovery Collection, Philips, Rimowa, RVCA, Shun, simplehuman bath accessories, Smeg, Spanx, Staub, Sunglass Hut, Swarovski jewelry, S’well, Tag Heuer, Teva, Tempur-Pedic mattresses, The North Face, Tommy John, Tory Burch, Tumi, UGG®, Uttermost Lighting, Vans, Vietri, Vitamix, Wacoal, Wolford, Wüsthof & products offered by vendors who operate leased departments in any of our stores including: Burberry, Gucci, Longchamp & Louis Vuitton; PLUS, ONLINE ONLY: Birkenstock, Merrell, Chanel & Tommy Bahama. Cannot be combined with any savings pass/coupon, extra discount or credit offer, except opening a new Macy’s account. Extra savings % applied to reduced prices. Furniture & mattress prices shown online reflect extra savings.

Extra savings end March 25, 2018.

• Does the code work in store? Thanks

• Global Moderator

@niniss said in Macy's 30% off with promo code through Sunday 3/25:

Does the code work in store? Thanks

Yes, it does. You can access the terms of the offer from their current deals list page, but the terms can’t be copied or I would have pasted them here. Cashiers usually apply the discount without you having to ask, but you should just mention the VIP discount at checkout before paying just to be safe.

• @fivetalents Thank u. I went to the store and saw the VIP sign everywhere, but when I picked a coach bag the African American cashier told me the coupon doesn’t apply to coach or MK brand, she wouldn’t even try so I just left the store empty handed. I don’t mind the coupon doesn’t work but I do mind her rude and that don’t want to be bothered attitude towards me. At first I thought she’s just that way but then I saw her greeting super friendly to the African american customers that were passing by (they were not even stopping or showing any interest in her bag section). Obviously I’m not black and i noticed this uncomfortable behavior more and more often now. It made me wonder if i should quit shopping at the stores or quit the mid-south all together…

• Global Moderator

@niniss said in Macy's 30% off with promo code through Sunday 3/25:

@fivetalents Thank u. I went to the store and saw the VIP sign everywhere, but when I picked a coach bag the African American cashier told me the coupon doesn’t apply to coach or MK brand, she wouldn’t even try so I just left the store empty handed. I don’t mind the coupon doesn’t work but I do mind her rude and that don’t want to be bothered attitude towards me. At first I thought she’s just that way but then I saw her greeting super friendly to the African american customers that were passing by (they were not even stopping or showing any interest in her bag section). Obviously I’m not black and i noticed this uncomfortable behavior more and more often now. It made me wonder if i should quit shopping at the stores or quit the mid-south all together…

Well, the in-store terms say only select Coach and select MK items are excluded, so it sounds like the cashier might have been able to show you some eligible items (if they carried any). Whenever you receive truly poor or rude customer service, for whatever reason, you should report it to a manager. If the manager doesn’t take you seriously, escalate the complaint to a higher lever (e.g., the store or regional manager), or just call corporate. Also, if you use social media, posting your experience online can sometimes prompt a swift and effective response. Make sure to have specifics like names, dates, times, and location so that the right person(s) can be re-trained or held accountable. B&M retailers are really suffering from poor sales (due to online shopping) and exorbitant rents, so they’re much more likely to take complaints very seriously as they struggle to keep in-store shoppers.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.