Staples Rewards Certificates Policy Changes?

• I was in my local staples store today and the system would not let me use two rewards certificates in one transaction. When they scanned the second reward certificate the computer said that no items qualified for the coupon, but I still had a balance due of $7. The clerk voided the transaction and tried again, but the second reward certificate would still not work. I have always been able to use more then one reward certificate in one transaction. Has anyone else had this issue?

• 500 Club

I have not, but I will have two available when the next one is posted and will be unhappy if they won’t allow the use of both on the same order.

• 500 Club

Was one of them expiring today? If so, I wonder if that’s related to the issue. Did you try scanning the other certificate first?

My last purchase was on 3/9, online, with 3 reward certificates.

• administrators

Did 2 transactions today with 2 rewards certs each - no problem. Had a problem with the second one at first, somehow did not pull up my rewards account properly using the phone #(maybe I mistyped it). After scanning the rewards card from the phone, it took the cert.

The lady in front of me had trouble with her $5 rewards certificate too, manager had to override. Apparently it was expired.

• @c3 Yes, one was expiring on 3/31. The other certificate expires in April and I did not want to use that one first as it would have covered the entire purchase. One would think that using the rewards certificate on the last day would not matter…but I would not be surprised.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.