Recommendations for personal accounting software?

• 500 Club

I might need new software.
    I’ve been using Quick Books Pro 2000 on an XPP desktop-- left over from when I was self employed.
    Only using it once a year for tax prep but its time to “update”. The desktop battery needs replacing again and one of these days something worse could happen.
    I back up the Quick Books onto an external HD each time I use it and onto my server when I’ve finished doing tax prep.
    Since I’ve been dabbling with CD’s and opening accts for sign up bonuses banking has become more complicated.
    It would be a huge undertaking to try to track my true income/expense due to “deals” but I’d like to try to enter some of it.
    For several years my version of QB hasn’t been compatible w/ accountant’s version so I have to print General Ledger to paper for them. 10 yrs ago they could just upload my file.
    I want to own the software, not have it be cloud based.

What software do you use and recommend? TIA.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons

I use YNAB 4. I’m not sure if I love it, and it doesn’t have automatic bank integration like Quicken probably does. I end up having to download the QIF files and import them.

I’m also sure I’m not using the program quite right, but it does the job.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.