Summer of '49 - Kindle Edition - FREE (Red Sox-Yankees Rivalry Story )

• Halberstam’s classic #1 bestseller about the magical summer when baseball’s fiercest rivalry captured the nation’s imagination, and changed the sport forever

The summer of 1949: It was baseball’s Golden Age and the year Joe DiMaggio’s New York Yankees were locked in a soon-to-be classic battle with Ted Williams’s Boston Red Sox for the American League pennant. As postwar America looked for a unifying moment, the greatest players in baseball history brought their rivalry to the field, captivating the American public through the heart-pounding final moments of the season. This expansive story captures an era, incorporating profiles of the players and their families, fans, broadcasters, baseball executives, and sportswriters. Riveting in its blend of powerful detail and exhilarating narrative, The Summer of ’49 is Pulitzer Prize winner David Halberstam’s engrossing look at not only a sports rivalry, but a time when America’s very identity was wrapped up in its beloved national game.

• My boyfriend loves baseball. I’ll have to give him this book. I already gave him new era 59fifty hat with the logo of his favorite team. He and his father support Chicago Bulls. It seems to me that they did not miss a any game. And I was very pleased with the quality of the hats.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.