Free Petsmart July Events

• National Ice Cream Day is this Sunday! Celebrate with us all weekend with free ice cream for your pup on 7/14 & 7/15 at your local PetSmart store with a PetsHotel during store hours [Moderator note: this promo is expired]

Camp Critters: Underwater Treasures
    Bring your family to our FREE event July 21 from 12-3pm to feed our fish, create a crown keepsake & more!

DOGGIE DAY CAMP
    Puppy 1st Playdate
    Bring your puppy to playtime on July 22 from 12-2pm & get a FREE craft, puppy booklet & more!

https://www.petsmart.com/

• FREE Doggie Ice Cream @ PetSmart store with a PetsHotel - ends 07/15
    https://phatwalletforums.com/topic/8731/free-doggie-ice-cream-petsmart-store-with-a-petshotel-ends-07-15

• @ctgolfer

Already in post

• @tuskers entered at the exact same time as I replied

• Global Moderator

Moderator note: Another member has flagged this as a repost. There seems to be some dispute as to which of the PetSmart Doggie Ice Cream posts was first. Since that particular deal has expired, the question is now academic.

I have annotated the post to indicate that the Doggie Ice Cream promotion has expired.

• @ctcarl said in Free Petsmart July Events:

Moderator note: Another member has flagged this as a repost. There seems to be some dispute as to which of the PetSmart Doggie Ice Cream posts was first. Since that particular deal has expired, the question is now academic.

I have annotated the post to indicate that the Doggie Ice Cream promotion has expired.

This exact situation was addressed a long time ago in the very first sticky "Please read before posting"
    As previously questioned and answered many months ago and posted in the very first sticky for all to see , this post is NOT a repost

When in doubt, read the instructions

• 500 Club

A few days ago someone posted about an offer, and someone else was not happy that it was a “repost”, and then I looked up the original post…and it was made 8 MONTHS AGO!!! C’mon, really. I never saw the original post until the unhappy person posted that he/she had already posted it, and certainly newer members would not have seen it, and you’d have to know exactly what to search for in order to find the original post. Seriously, IMHO, finding an offer 8 months after it was originally posted by someone else shouldn’t qualify as a “repost”. A polite “Yes, I discovered that 8 months ago, and here’s a link to the thread I posted at that time for those who’d like to read it” should be sufficient. Again, IMHO.

• @dionaea said in Free Petsmart July Events:

A few days ago someone posted about an offer, and someone else was not happy that it was a “repost”, and then I looked up the original post…and it was made 8 MONTHS AGO!!! C’mon, really. I never saw the original post until the unhappy person posted that he/she had already posted it, and certainly newer members would not have seen it, and you’d have to know exactly what to search for in order to find the original post. Seriously, IMHO, finding an offer 8 months after it was originally posted by someone else shouldn’t qualify as a “repost”. A polite “Yes, I discovered that 8 months ago, and here’s a link to the thread I posted at that time for those who’d like to read it” should be sufficient. Again, IMHO.

The facts you quote are misleading, let me explain
    This, the original post, was made 8 months ago but it was updated for the month of July (I try to update it each month) and was on the front page.

It was ctgolfer who complained that this post, the original, updated 8 month old post was a repost. There was NO complaint that ctgolfers post was a repost.

That’s correct, the “repost” claim was made by ctgolfer .
    He was claiming that THIS POST, was the repost, the one that contained the whole month, not the other way around like you thought

That is why the mod put the comment in THIS POST, because the claim by ctgolfer was that THIS POST was the repost

• 500 Club

@tuskers Sorry, I should have mentioned that it was NOT any post about PetSmart. “Running” threads that already cover a store’s offers should be added to, not reposted, as you rightfully point out. The post I was referring to was a “one-off” offer from some company I’d never heard of on something you would not typically be searching for here and that had been posted some 8 months ago and then someone else (I assume) stumbled across the offer and posted it recently, and the original poster of the 8-months-old post called the new post a “repost”. But nothing to do with the posts that are about a popular store and that are updated regularly as new info becomes available. Hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

• @dionaea said in Free Petsmart July Events:

@tuskers Sorry, I should have mentioned that it was NOT any post about PetSmart. “Running” threads that already cover a store’s offers should be added to, not reposted, as you rightfully point out. The post I was referring to was a “one-off” offer from some company I’d never heard of on something you would not typically be searching for here and that had been posted some 8 months ago and then someone else (I assume) stumbled across the offer and posted it recently, and the original poster of the 8-months-old post called the new post a “repost”. But nothing to do with the posts that are about a popular store and that are updated regularly as new info becomes available. Hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.