[Resolved] BF Deals

• Is there any way to clear out or expire last years BF deal posts?

• Global Moderator

@ctgolfer said in BF Deals:

Is there any way to clear out or expire last years BF deal posts?

You mean like creating a sub-forum in the Black Friday forum called something like “Prior BF Years?” Why isn’t putting the year in every title sufficient? Deleting expired deals is not an option (not that you suggested that), but there are several other options we’ve been discussing behind the scenes, and some member feedback would useful.

@dangeRuss

• @fivetalents or a new category all together for this year and each year ever after - Black Friday 2018, Black Friday 2019 etc…

• Global Moderator

@fivetalents or a new category all together for this year and each year ever after - Black Friday 2018, Black Friday 2019 etc…

The problem with creating a separate forum annually is that they will add up pretty quickly (this year alone we’d have a BF 2017, BF 2018, CM 2017, and BF 2018 forum), increasing by two every year, more if we decide to add other holiday forums in the future. By 5 years out, we’d have 10 BF and CM forums, minimum. Consider what a mess that would make of all of the menus (site search, new topic “select category”/thread location menu, etc.). That’s why I suggested one “previous years” sub-forum within BF… there would only ever be a maximum of 2 BF forums in any menu. If every thread title has the year in it, it would be easy to locate a specific deal from a previous year, making a separate forum for each year unnecessary.

• administrators

I’ve decided to create a new category under Expired Deals for Previous BF/Cybermonday deals. I created BF2017/CyberMonday 2017 categories. We will decide how to proceed with those in the later years, but for now I think this will clean up this category while not cluttering up expired deals too much.

• BF forum much better now with the way you have it set up. It’s much easier to scroll through without all of the clutter. Thanks for the change. 👍

• Global Moderator

BF forum much better now with the way you have it set up. It’s much easier to scroll through without all of the clutter. Thanks for the change. 👍

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll mark this resolved but feel free to post a reply if any related issues or ideas come up.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.