Wells Fargo $300 Checking Bonus [Select Areas Only; DD Required]

• Global Moderator

Thanks DoC

Check your eligibility here and apply

Receive a sign up bonus of $300 when you open a new Everyday or Preferred checking account with Wells Fago and have $1,500 direct deposited into the account for three consecutive months within 150 days of account opening

The following areas are eligible: Baltimore, MD; Denver, CO; Richmond-Petersburg, VA; Norfolk, VA; Portland, OR; Seattle-Tacoma, WA; Washington, DC-MD, Raleigh, NC; San Diego, CA

The Fine Print

Not eligible for bonus if you are: 1) a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account; 2) a Wells Fargo team member; 3) a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
    All consumer checking accounts except Teen Checking are eligible for the $300 bonus when opened in a branch. Only certain checking accounts are available when opened online.
    Bonus available in-branch or online
    Initial deposit of $25 required during account opening
    Offer cannot be paid without providing a valid (W-9) and U.S. taxpayer ID number
    Offer can not be combined with any other consumer deposit offer
    Bonus will post to your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met
    You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities as required
    A qualifying direct deposit: Your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited (by an employer, the government or an outside agency) to the account opened for this offer. A non-qualifying deposit: Transfers from one account to another, deposits made at a branch or ATM, and deposits from payments for the sale of goods or services.

• Global Moderator

Avoiding Fees

The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:

10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
    Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
    Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
    Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
    The Preferred Checking account comes with a $15 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:

$10,000 in combined deposits, OR
    $1,000 monthly direct deposit, OR
    A linked Wells Fargo mortgage, OR
    Early Account Termination Fee

There is no early account termination fee.

• I’ll be going for this probably around the beginning of November. I plan on reporting back to DoC about my data points. I’ll put them up here too.

• @marcopolomle said in Wells Fargo $300 Checking Bonus [Select Areas Only; DD Required]:

1. a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)

we’re not going to risk getting a bonus since DH and I received it Q1 of this year; we also got the extra $10 for paying with the DC using the app at WAG. Our total bonuses came up to $260 each.

Hopefully, they come up with a new offers before spring of 2018.

• Global Moderator

IIRC last time around many people successfully received second bonus just 1-2 month after receiving the first bonus and closing the account.
    YMMV

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.