Domain/website hosting

• I need to move 2 domains to a new hosting service, and I’m looking for something reliable but cheap. One domain has a very small site (php) and points to Google for email, and the other is currently just pointing to a different email service.

Any suggestions for who to go with, or who to stay away from?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

• 1000 Club

Dreamhost is good, but only for those who need no hand holding. not user friendly for newbies

• I used HostGator, they were the cheapest I found.
    Domain names I use Google, I also use Google Sites (free) for my websites.

• HostPC - They don’t do a lot of hand holding, but I’m no expert and got multiple domains setup with them for a reasonable price. Minimal downtime over the last 10 yrs, and pretty responsive tech support, although I’ve only needed them a couple of times.

I am not affiliated with HostPC and get nothing in return for mentioning them.

• Global Moderator

Check out https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/

Great prices but minimal hand-holding.

• Thanks for the responses. I think I’d be fine without a lot of hand holding, assuming there’s a reasonably functional front end and some directions. I’ll look into the hosts that are being suggested.

Does Google really offer free web hosting? I tried to see if it would work for me but it seems more for internal sites rather than a regular site. If anyone can clarify what it actually is, that would be helpful.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please keep them coming if anyone else has any more ideas or comments.

• 1000 Club

@hbg1 said in Domain/website hosting:

Thanks for the responses. I think I’d be fine without a lot of hand holding, assuming there’s a reasonably functional front end and some directions. I’ll look into the hosts that are being suggested.

Does Google really offer free web hosting? I tried to see if it would work for me but it seems more for internal sites rather than a regular site. If anyone can clarify what it actually is, that would be helpful.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please keep them coming if anyone else has any more ideas or comments.

google websites is kind of like wix, for few pages website, nothing serious

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.