Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM) $148 + FS/Prime @ Amazon.com (& Newegg.com)

• Global Moderator

This was about $20 cheaper during the Black Friday season, but it’s well over $100 cheaper than what it was selling for last year, and still an incredible value for an such a highly rated SSD of this size and from this brand.

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)

4.8 out of 5 stars (3,638 reviews)

Amazon’s Choice for "1tb ssd"
    List Price: $199.99
    Price: $147.99 Free Shipping/Prime

Free Amazon tech support included

Ships from and sold by Amazon

• Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
    • Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology. Optimized Performance for Everyday Computing
    • Enhanced Performance: Sequential Read/Write speeds up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s respectively
    • Ideal for mainstream PCs and laptops for personal, gaming and business use
    • Hardware/Software Compatibility: Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX, and Linux
    • Included Contents: 2.5" (7mm) SATA III (6Gb/s) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included). 5-Year Warranty

ETA: NewEgg is matching Amazon’s prices on most of the sizes of these 860 Evo drives (or vice versa)

• Mmm, at this price it’s tempting to grab just for a backup or extra storage. Would snag one in a heartbeat if I had the extra dough… Oh, and go figure, the 2TB version is only twice the price and very near its lowest price ever of $295.

Currently running a 240GB Samsung SSD in this very computer and it’s been plugging along for almost 7 years now without a single issue, always booting in a matter of seconds. When it’s time to upgrade or replace my machine I’ll be utilizing another Samsung SSD for certain.

• Global Moderator

@midori said in Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM) $148 + FS/Prime @ Amazon.com:

Mmm, at this price it’s tempting to grab just for a backup or extra storage. Would snag one in a heartbeat if I had the extra dough… Oh, and go figure, the 2TB version is only twice the price and very near its lowest price ever of $295.

Currently running a 240GB Samsung SSD in this very computer and it’s been plugging along for almost 7 years now without a single issue, always booting in a matter of seconds. When it’s time to upgrade or replace my machine I’ll be utilizing another Samsung SSD for certain.

At the risk of complicating your life choices, LOL… the 500 GB would double your HD space and, at $68.99, is a better price per GB than both the 1T and 2T drives and less spendy.

• @fivetalents The SSD is mostly just to run my OS, so it doesn’t need to be huge. The games and programs I have, however, are stored on a little 500 GB HDD that is always close to being full, so a 1TB is very tempting for the upgrade… but hard to justify for now 😕 . One day, one day…

• Global Moderator

@Midori crisis averted! Phew…

BTW, I just noticed that NewEgg is matching Amazon’s prices on most of the sizes of these 860 Evo drives (or vice versa).

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.