Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV

• I read some things about ODepot rolling rewards, elsewhere, so I tried and here is the result.

I purchased 2 packs of the $15.99 Duracell batteries with the $15.98 rewards rebate offer. I went through Ebates for the 3%, and used the 30% off of $30 order code to save about $9.50.

I then added my leftover $10 rewards to the order to bring the total down to just over $13 with tax, for store pickup. I just received the $31.96 in rewards on my account

It never worked like this for me previously, and may be a loophole for now??

• Global Moderator

I’ve heard that rolling rewards works for battery purchases for some time now. I am not sure exactly t works, but it does. Thanks for the idea of ordering online with the Ebates 3% and the 30$ off a $30 order code. I think I will do the same thing.

The one thing I am not sure about though is if you can pay completely with rewards or if it is important to pay some by credit card in order for the rolling to happen.

Not bad. I got two packs of Duracell batteries for free, rolled some rewards, and made $8 with the 3% and 30% off offer. Thanks OP.

• I rolled rewards with batteries a couple times, I’m new to OD and didn’t realize it was a special feature of just the batteries though. I tried it with labels a few weeks ago and that did not roll. I wonder why batteries are special.

• @trudi said in Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV:

I rolled rewards with batteries a couple times, I’m new to OD and didn’t realize it was a special feature of just the batteries though. I tried it with labels a few weeks ago and that did not roll. I wonder why batteries are special.

From what others have said in various message boards, it is the difference between a set $ amount on a rewards, vs 100% back on reward

The batteries say, $15.98 back on rewards, so in theory that is the magic phrase to look for

• Global Moderator

@lorenw said in Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV:

@trudi said in Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV:

I rolled rewards with batteries a couple times, I’m new to OD and didn’t realize it was a special feature of just the batteries though. I tried it with labels a few weeks ago and that did not roll. I wonder why batteries are special.

From what others have said in various message boards, it is the difference between a set $ amount on a rewards, vs 100% back on reward

The batteries say, $15.98 back on rewards, so in theory that is the magic phrase to look for

So having a set dollar amount back in rewards looks like is the phrase that pays.

Do you think if I paid completely in rewards for a set dollar amount back in rewards would I earn the full rewards offered? I was afraid to try it with the order I placed today. I only used about $12 in rewards.

• @mrvietnam said in Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV:

@lorenw said in Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV:

@trudi said in Office Depot rolling rewards ? YMMV:

So having a set dollar amount back in rewards looks like is the phrase that pays.

Do you think if I paid completely in rewards for a set dollar amount back in rewards would I earn the full rewards offered? I was afraid to try it with the order I placed today. I only used about $12 in rewards.

I have no experience in using all rewards and trying to make it roll. I have read numerous remarks , and opinions are wildly split with many people claiming it doesn’t work no matter what. I’m happy it worked with getting some to roll, and a coupon with free batteries.
    I did use the new rewards and a different 30% coupon already to use them on another item without a reward offer, I’m way ahead this time around.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.