What is the best way to get a good deal on furniture at Home Depot?

• Hubby found a gorgeous piece of furniture he wants at HD but it’s around $1500. Now that we can’t order from Home Decorators and get cash back, I don’t know the best way to get a discount on high priced items there. We already have a HD credit card so I can’t use any of those sign-on promos (although there may be a 10% off credit promo coming up, but it always has exclusions and I don’t know if furniture is an exclusion).

Phatwalleters…any suggestions…?

• I can’t answer directly but none of the HD’s near me really sell any furniture. However, I suspect it’s not something exclusive to them. Perhaps trying to search on the item name/model number or image would turn up another seller at a discounted price. If your heart is set on HD then I’ll bow out and let another person with experience on discounting their prices reply.

• Global Moderator

Home Depot does currently have a 10% off furniture select furniture already reduced up to 40% with code DECOR10OFF through 10-31-2017. Though your specific item may not qualify, it’s worth checking. Otherwise, I think that code only takes $10 off other furniture, decor, and small appliances through 11-05-2017.

0_1509114086359_Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.05.02 AM.png

• @fivetalents Our piece wasn’t in the reduced listing, however that is really good to know that I can keep an eye on that. I’m hoping for a BF sale or coupon code but the piece we are interested in seems extremely popular. It’s sold out until early next year, they said, when I called HD. Well, it gives me time to figure out a way to save money on it. Thanks again.

• Buy discounted HD gift cards to save a few percent on the purchase?

• We’ve been doing that for our home remodeling. Sadly the HD cards are hardly more than a few percent off. We switched to Lowe’s as much as possible for 5% off. At least at HD if I pay with Discover I get 1% cash back. Although I think I saw where AMZ has a 5 % cash back card. Anyway, thank you for reminding me.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.