Post your favorite Apps thread

• Global Moderator

I sometimes find it hard to figure out which App works for a particular job.
    A Google search often leads me to sites with confusing results and which probably gets some commission out of recommending them.
    I am hoping that FW members here will some personal insight about various Apps based on their personal experiences.

• Disclaimer: I’m an Android person.

Keep: a Google clipboard app that is accessible from any logged in device and the web at keep.google.com
    Appsheet: Converts any google sheet into an instant android/iphone/web app. Take photos, collect data, map addresses for very cheep
    MyRouteOnline: Expensive but very good map optimizer, uses g’maps on back end.
    Mindly: Good Mind Maps for organizing thoughts

• Global Moderator

@ThomasPaine
    I"m also an Android person and have never used these apps.
    I’ll definitively try them out.

• 1000 Club

I like Radar Scope but haven’t bought it yet

• There are many. Ifttt.com now on Android. Haven’t played around much yet.

• @miserly said in Post your favorite Apps thread:

There are many. Ifttt.com now on Android. Haven’t played around much yet.

Started with IFTT then found Llama. Then when I went to Android 7 Llama did not display icons correctly. I’m trying both Sfen & MyProfiles+ and as of today can not decide which one I will settle on. Sfen is free. MyProfiles is free but limited to three rules. MyProfiles+ is not limited.

• I find Simplenote great to pass information from my laptop to my phone.
    I use Waze as my main GPS.
    I use RadioDroid to entertain me as I drive.
    GasBuddy, Yelp, Tapatalk, RVparky and Trucker Path.

• 500 Club

I use an app call Pushbullet quite a bit. It allows to to share links, pics and texts between devices and browsers and send them to others. You can also view and answer texts and get other notifications right from your computer.

I find it easier to read on the computer so if I run across an article on my phone I push it to my browser and then can read it when I get home.

• @redmed said in Post your favorite Apps thread:

@miserly said in Post your favorite Apps thread:

There are many. Ifttt.com now on Android. Haven’t played around much yet.

Started with IFTT then found Llama. Then when I went to Android 7 Llama did not display icons correctly. I’m trying both Sfen & MyProfiles+ and as of today can not decide which one I will settle on. Sfen is free. MyProfiles is free but limited to three rules. MyProfiles+ is not limited.

Found MyProfiles+ is causing my Bluetooth to act erratically. Sticking with Sfen.

• Google Keep - notes, reminders, lists that will sync between all of your devices (I shared the grocery list with my family, so they can add items they would like).
    MightyText - (similar to Pushbullet) get my phone texts on my pc.
    Google Voice!
    Android Pay - for storing all of my store rewards cards/numbers.
    SecurityMaster - I use it to lock apps on my teenager’s phone, it’s the only one I have found that seems to work and that he can’t bypass.
    DinnerTime Plus - semi-recommend for parents of kids/teens (one-time purchase upgrade is $3-4) - works pretty well at limiting cell phone time on kids phones. What I like about it, is that I can update the settings remotely from my phone or tablet (but not pc).
    Migraine Buddy
    NapTime
    Google Drive - I have everything synced to my pc, so I can access my files from anywhere.
    Sprint Drive First - they’ve taken it off the store, but here’s the APK. You do not have to be a Sprint customer to use this more info about it. I like it best for the options it has.

• I love JustReminder for my android; I set it for reminders for everything, from things I want to remember to do on the way home to things I need to remember to do monthly (like the cats flea meds) or biweekly or whatever.

• Global Moderator

Hi @LisaES98 Just wanted to welcome you to the site (a few days late, LOL). Thanks for joining us!

• Thanks for the welcome, fivetalents! Glad to be here.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.