AeroGarden Harvest Elite - Stainless Steel Hydroponic Growing System $79.95 + FSSS/Prime @ Amazon.com, DOTD

• Global Moderator

AeroGarden Harvest Elite - Stainless Steel

3.9 out of 5 stars, 719 Reviews

List Price $169.95
    Deal of the Day: $79.95

Free shipping with FSSS/Prime

Sold by Woot, fulfilled by Amazon

• INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (6 POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & nurtured by all natural, chemical free Miracle Gro Plant Food (enough for a full season of growth)
    • PLANT TO PLATE - Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches tall with this indoor garden; Grows in water - no soil, no mess, made simple
    • EASY TO USE - Digital display control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your Hydroponics growing system
    • LED GROW LIGHTS - High performance, full spectrum 20 watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests

• 500 Club

Does anyone here who lives in the snow belt have an Aerogarden?
    Our indoor temp is 55-62 degrees all winter.
    How do these do at that temperature?

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in AeroGarden Harvest Elite - Stainless Steel Hydroponic Growing System $79.95 + FSSS/Prime @ Amazon.com, DOTD:

Does anyone here who lives in the snow belt have an Aerogarden?
    Our indoor temp is 55-62 degrees all winter.
    How do these do at that temperature?

“Most AeroGarden seed pods come labelled with approximate ranges for average germination. What temperature do seeds like for germination? For ideal germination, temperatures should be 65-75 degrees F. Most seeds will germninate outside this range, although they might take longer.” https://www.aerogarden.com/aerogarden-customer-service-support/Germination.html

Temperature will matter after germination too. The grow lights do provide some warmth, .but the roots are most vulnerable, so I’ve seen someone suggest using a small fish tank heater to keep the roots warm enough. Also, make sure you’re within the ideal temperature range inherently needed by each plant you grow for the highest yield.

You should check out YouTube videos on making your own hydroponic tower using PVC pipes and a heat gun if only to understand more about how it works (though you might be tempted to build your own to grow a lot more in the same amount of space).

• 500 Club

I knew I needed warmth for germination. Decided to pass because it’s not warm enough without using more electricity.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.