AuBonPain Endless Coffee Mug $199; unlimited refills all year 2018

• May be a good deal for someone who drinks tons of coffee AND has ABP nearby. This is not just one coffee a day, but free refill up to every half hour.
    http://www.aubonpain.com/endlessmug

• Only good for refills and still must buy coffee first. How is this a deal when Starbucks allows free refills after purchase but don’t have to buy a mug?

• I think deals, even they are not perfect or can advantage everyone, should be posted. They take up a few hundred Kb of space of hard drive yet even if one person (say they don’t have a starbucks) can benefit…that is why we are all here

• Global Moderator

@bobbybore simply down vote the deal if you do not think it is hot.

Personally, I think spending $199 on a coffee mug for a years worth of coffee is no great shakes. If you lose that mug after a month, you’re really up the creek w/o a paddle. Not to mention, there’s so many great offers for 99c coffee or free coffee throughout the year at Wawa, DD, even starbucks with BOGO deals, why bother?

• I just asked because I thought I was missing something. I was in no way criticizing the OP since it may be a good deal for some folks. I agree with both of you (billtmore and Mistercheap).

• 500 Club

i think it’s better to have comments rather than just down vote. so we can know why. sometimes we miss something in fine print or even in large print. some may agree and some still think it’s a good deal. but good to have more info.

• @bobbybore I just feel like even the hated reposts can be of value. especially if you miss a deal and it falls off the radar. Even truly the not fire hot deals good be good for somebody somewhere (the guy who lives next door to Au Bon Pain) I just have been flamed on FW for posting so so deals but too me…it takes up a handful of 1s and 0s. I think dicussion is good and it is good to talk about it!! 🙂

• I bet some will get their $199 mugs stolen.

• Global Moderator

@zapjb said in AuBonPain Endless Coffee Mug $199; unlimited refills all year 2018:

I bet some will get their $199 mugs stolen.

Is that a confession?

• 500 Club

@zapjb said in AuBonPain Endless Coffee Mug $199; unlimited refills all year 2018:

I bet some will get their $199 mugs stolen.

they should sell insurance for the mug 😁

• The Mug Protection Plan is an extra $49 fee 😉

In all seriousness, it does make me wonder if this isn’t going to call attention to the cost of coffee. We’re a society built on $x/month subscriptions. But once you annualized it, it gives you that ah-ha moment. In the past Starbucks sold something similar but it only was a 2-3 month timeframe. That kept their everyday pricing top-of-mind, and didn’t ever let a SiriusXM 60% off set in…

• 500 Club

so there’s “Mug ID” and receive additional exclusive perks when you register. i guess that works like insurance. actually not bad price IF you drink a lot of coffee there. but maybe it was less shocking if it was like monthly subscription. register your mug for that year and renew subscription every month. like $18/ month and you’ll get the mug for free! and optional payment of the whole year and you pay only $199!

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.