FREE Hello Sweet Mint or Activated Charcoal Toothpaste if chosen

• https://www.hello-products.com/fluoride-free-sample/

Mod Note: 100,000 samples only to be given away, read official rules below.

• Did this when it was up on H4F, it says ‘1st 100,000’, and you don’t have a choice as to which they send.

• Yeah, H$F posted this at 4pm, 40 minutes after it was posted here.

They are giving away 1000K and you do not have a choice
    I was unable to verify the first 1000K, but that is what everyone else is reporting
    This also includes an entry into a sweeps

• @tuskers Is there a posting war as to who posts it 1st? Why does it matter who posted 1st?

I don’t check PWF as often as I do H4F, so I did this when I saw it there. On FW, 1st 100,000 or 1st 100k would typically be in the title, the inability to choose which would be in the body of the post. It’s about making informed posts. The point being made was about having needed info in the posts, not about who posted 1st.

The info comes straight from the sign-up page, “we’re giving away 100,000 samples of our awesome fluoride free toothpastes”, is right at the top of the form. At the bottom it says, “*please note we cannot guarantee which of the two products you will receive.”

• My point on the 100K is that I could not find specific language stating it was for the FIRST 100K. Like you state, they are giving away 1000K but since it also involves a “sweeps” entry, the possibility exists that “giving away 100K” is not necessary for the FIRST 100K entries. I was trying to provide accurate information in the post, that the reported fact at other sites it was for the FIRST 100k was not verified as certain members here are very quick to point out any instance when I do not. When you said “first 100K” you were talking about what another site posted and information that cannot be verified and is only speculation. Further digging might show that to be true, but at this time I have not verified that fact

As far as a “posting war” I do not know what you mean. With freebie offers 2 things matter, actual content (the offer itself) and when you get in on the offer. Many offers are limited and getting in earlier is always an important factor in the probability of getting something.

I don’t see anything wrong in stating the fact that offers appear on this board early in the process of traveling across the internet.
    This board has a lot of great knowledgeable members, of which you are one of. I find hot deals here very early in the process before an item goes out of stock or the price is corrected. Isn’t that why we all came here? Like a family, we might not see eye to eye on a specific issue, but do you know of a a more knowledgeable, better total group?

• @tuskers The language is in the T&C: “This offer covers one (1) free .85oz of hello sweet mint or charcoal fluoride free toothpaste, including shipping costs. Approximate Retail Value: $0.50. This offer also covers eligibility to receive a free year’s supply (4 tubes) of 4.2oz of hello sweet mint or charcoal fluoride free toothpaste, including shipping costs. Approximate Retail Value: $12.00. OFFER IS AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

They are giving away samples to everyone who signs up, the offer applies until supplies are gone, with up to 100,000. Everyone wins a sample, 25 random folks win a year’s supply. That’s why other forums are saying “1st 100,000”.

Offer term: October 31, 2017@ 9am EST through November 31, 2017 @ 11:59am EST, or until 100k users have been confirmed as winners.”

This is pretty standard language, they have to verify the submissions that are legitimate. Many discard submissions from a bot, multiple submissions from the same source, incomplete submissions, etc. Once they have reached 100,000 legitimate entries, or 11/31/2017, whichever comes first, giveaway ends. It’s that language that makes this a FS post, If it was random picks of 100,000, out of all submissions, this would be the wrong forum, and it would belong in a sweeps/contest forum.

You made the comment, “H$F posted this at 4pm, 40 minutes after it was posted here.” What is the point? Why bring it up? There are 100’s of freebie boards, blogs. FB freebie groups, etc. Everybody posts at different times, and everybody posts stuff from other boards. Also, note that these same freebie places are in different time zones, so you can’t always go by time stamps. The people following the various boards don’t care if a competing board posted it 40 minutes earlier. It’s not important to post to state that you posted it first.

If people prefer a particular board, such as SD, or H4F, and one posts before the other, the people following one risk missing out if the board posts later than a competing one. Most know that, hence they follow more than one board. The comment comes across as smarmy, because I stated I signed up through H4F earlier. I visit H4F more than here, Michelle does this full time, and in most cases, her blog gets the earliest post. I don’t care that you allegedly posted it 40 minutes earlier, it circumvents from the point I was making.

If you don’t believe the T&C wording indicates 1st 100k gets the sample, then why is it in FS? You either agree that it does, and it belongs in the OP, or it’s a contest with 100k being randomly given away, and you posted in the wrong forum.

• How about we keep the comments on topic, I think questions as to it being posted here early (True by the way) are better served through private messages
    I would also suggest quoting other boards (mine was a reply to your reference to another board) also doesn’t usually serve this board. I know it was usually not tolerated at FW

Please PM me with any concerns or further discussion on this matter

• @tuskers said in FREE Hello Sweet Mint or Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:

How about we keep the comments on topic, I think questions as to it being posted here early (True by the way) are better served through private messages

You brought that up here, not I. My point it that it is irrelevant, it should not have been brought up at all.

I would also suggest quoting other boards (mine was a reply to your reference to another board) also doesn’t usually serve this board. I know it was usually not tolerated at FW

I simply mentioned I saw it earlier on H4F prior to seeing it here. And then pointed out that the the freebie stated 100,000 & there is no choice. There was no “quoting of other boards”,did you see quotations marks or a direct quote from H4F? FW disallowed full mention of competing boards, acronyms were always allowed. You could say “SD”, you could not say S_______ D____s. I’ve use H4F for many years on FW, never had an issue with a mod.

How about you either agree that my interpretation (and pretty much that of H4F & multiple other freebie boards) is that the T&C states that giveway ends when all 100,000 valid entrants have been claimed (therefor “1st 100,000” is accurate and should be in title), or you don’t, in which case you need to contact a mod to move this to “Contests”, since if it’s not 1st 100,000, it’s a random giveaway that is in the wrong forum.

There isn’t anything else to discuss, it’s either “1st 100,000” which belongs in the the OP title, or the entire post belongs in Contests.

• Please PM me with any concerns or further discussion on this matter

• @tuskers said in FREE Hello Sweet Mint or Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:

Why??? I’m leaving the mod staff to intervene instead. Already alerted them. Decision is theirs, I’m done.

• 1000 Club

They are offering Samples, and to those who request samples they are also entering into the win a free years supply sweep. I think with the form being mainly a sample request form, it is ok. Please cease the debate, Thanks.

• 1000 Club

This is a sample request, but it’s not unlimited and requesters may be one of the ones chosen to receive one. It states 100,000 samples are to be given away, so if a million request, not everyone will be guaranteed one.

"No purchase necessary. Offer term: October 31, 2017@ 9am EST through November 31, 2017 @ 11:59am EST, or until 100k users have been confirmed as winners. This offer covers one (1) free .85oz of hello sweet mint or charcoal fluoride free toothpaste, including shipping costs. Approximate Retail Value: $0.50. This offer also covers eligibility to receive a free year’s supply (4 tubes) of 4.2oz of hello sweet mint or charcoal fluoride free toothpaste, including shipping costs. Approximate Retail Value: $12.00. To qualify for offer, participant must be eighteen years or older, living in the continental United States, and fully complete the form above. OFFER IS AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Offer may not be substituted, transferred, or redeemed for cash. Offer may be withdrawn or terminated at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion without prior notice. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, or stolen products; or for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, computer, or Internet connection. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the offer, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Offer subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited. By participating in this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these terms as well as the Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions of Sponsor. Hello Products LLC, 363 Bloomfield Avenue, Suite 2D, Montclair, NJ 07042, is the Sponsor of this offer. Limit one per address."

• Global Moderator

OK, just gave my email to another company to settle this. After entering the required information, I got this:

hello Moon Knight!
    your entry for a mini sample was received! this email also confirms your entry for your chance to win a year’s supply of hello. we’ll let you know if you’ve won some fluoride free goodness ASAP!

From the way it reads, it looks like even the sample was a chance.

In my humble opinion, it is not worth arguing over. It is a mini sample of a fluoride free toothpaste, there are 100,000 available, and if you get it fine, doubt there will be 100,000 entries, and are you really worried about what flavor you get? If so, Crest is pretty cheap, or just ask the front desk the next time you stay at a hotel, they will give you a mini tube of toothpaste for free (more if you ask nice).

Topic locked.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.