Best Buy offers the "Best Buy Easy Auto" membership for $179.99 / year

• Global Moderator

Seems really over priced for what you get IMHO

Decode your check engine light, schedule repairs at your home or office and get 24/7 roadside assistance — all with one easy-to-use app.

Three Convenient Car Care Services. One Easy App.

• Schedule repairs + Two Full-Service Oil Changes <-- and likely pay through the nose, you’ll find lower repair and maintenance shops if you do your own local research (save more if you do your own simple maintenance like oil changes)
      • Service Provided by YourMechanic. Skip the repair shop and use the app to schedule maintenance or repairs at your home or office. Professional mechanics from YourMechanic will bring their services directly to you. Two full-service oil changes are included with your membership.
    • 24/7 Roadside Assistance National Coverage <-- you might already have through your auto insurance (free to ~$20/year) or other memberships
      • Service Provided by Agero. Find help on the road when you get a flat tire, lock yourself out, need a jump-start, run out of gas or need a tow truck. Use the app to connect with Agero for assistance.
    • Access to Mobile Car Repair and Maintenance <-- get a $10-ish OBD diagnostic reader and download a free app yourself (do you really need to track mileage & location?)
      • Service Provided by Automatic. Instantly decode check engine light issues from your smartphone with an auto diagnostic device paired with a mobile app. You can also track your vehicle’s mileage and location within the app.
    • Emergency Crash Response <-- you already have this if you have a service like OnStar activated… or pay taxes

• I don’t have roadside assistance. I pay about $150 a year w/ AAA. And some years when my old cars don’t break down, I don’t end up using it at all.

Is this price per car, or for the whole household?

• 1000 Club

lets break it down
    Oil change $25 x 2=$50
    Roadside assistance $75 one trip + 9 extra miles @$3 mile =$100 (cost based on http://www.businessinsider.com/5-ways-to-get-cheap-roadside-assistance-2012-7)
    obd 2 tool around $20
    This is the services provided by Agero Roadside Assistance

• Changing flat tires.
    • Emergency gasoline delivery. (The price of gas isn’t covered.)
    • Lost keys and lockouts. (The cost of the key isn’t covered.)
    • Towing when stuck on or by a public roadway.
    • Towing disabled vehicle to the nearest repair facility (up to 11 miles)
    • $20 gas vouchers

Auto mechanic no cost since you get same service directly and cost per repair is same
    yourmechanicDOTcom/pricing
    $50+$100+20+$20 gas vouchers= $190 cash price.
    You figure in an extra flat tire repair or gas delivery and you might save a couple of dollars if you have an old car.
    roadside benefits

• Global Moderator

From the terms and conditions:

1. What’s Not Included?

The Service does not include, among other things, the following:

a. Services related to any devices other than the Equipment;

b. Vehicle repair or maintenance beyond the Included Automotive Services;

c. Training, advice or education other than that provided as part of the Activation;

d. Coverage for multiple vehicles (other than, in limited circumstances, the services provided by Agero: “Roadside assistance, towing, and lockout services are limited to a combined four service incidents per membership year for you and all others residing in your household.”); and/or

e. Data backup or the recovery or installation of data, software, information or other files stored on any device

For Information or Support, call 1-800-817-0412

• 500 Club

Roadside Assistance benefits are provided by and/or through Cross Country Motor Club, Inc

You might want to read the reviews for CCMC

• I think for an older car this’d be aright.

I have HondaCare so not needed.

But if I did need Emergency Crash Response (self monitoring???) & 24/7 Roadside Assistance. What are the better deals these days???

• In my case it wouldn’t be worth a dime
    My Buick needs special oil to keep the warranty in good standing, so the oil change benefit would be wasted, Buick gives the first 2 for free, about 20,000 miles worth
    I have 4 years roadside in the manu warranty, no fee to tow, no fee for gas outage, no charge tire changes
    5 years Onstar comes as well, for crash and emergency
    4 years of warranty on the vehicle
    2 1/2 years of OnStar directions from Buick mobility offer
    Free loaner on warranty services

Rather than the Best Buy plan for older cars
    State Farm costs about $6 per year for roadside/lockout/emergency,
    I can find normal oil changes for $15 or less in my area, some times for under $10
    AutoZone does the plug in for free and prints out the error codes and their fix
    I cant see any other value to the plan,

• the 2 oil changes are where they come to you, so should be priced way higher than the $25 i have a coupon price at a firestone. that should be valued at maybe $50.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.