Petco $10 PALS Reward wyb Pet Bed thru 12-31-17. Possible MM

• 500 Club

Activate your monthly PALS Rewards offers.
    This month there’s $10 Reward wyb dog or cat bed.
    Yesterday beds were 60% off online.
    I got an awful bed. Really thin & small. Might work for a kitten if its on a rug… BUT it was $3.99 ($9.99RR) so I PM’d instore to dot.com and today I received $10 PALS reward.

In store I saw a sign that all Harmony beds were 50% off this month. There was a much nicer bed $19.99RR, $9.99 on sale but I wanted to do the experiment of buying cheap. There will probably be other coupons or deals in the next 2 wks so keep checking the website.

Earlier in the day I’d bought a Petco gc at RA. Paid for it w/ Plenti Pts and earned 500PP wyb $25 Petco gc. Paid for the pet bed with Petco gc.

• 500 Club

Earn $10 Reward Dollars on all dog and cat beds.
    Offer valid:12/01/2017 - 12/31/2017
    Purchase any dog or cat bed to earn 200 bonus reward points, equal to a $10 reward. Must activate prior to purchase in order to earn bonus reward points. Valid on purchases in-store and petco.com. Limit one bonus per member.

• administrators

So this lets you roll the reward?

• 500 Club

@dangeruss Not sure what you mean about roll. You have to pay something oop.
    I bought the $3.99 bed paying w/ Petco gc so “spent” $3.99.
    If I were to use PALS Reward would have had to spend $5 (Rewards are in $5 denominations) and spent a little oop. They deduct coupons & Rewards so if bed was $6.99 and used $5 PALS reward system would credit $1.99 spent. The offer just says “buy” but doesn’t say how much you have to pay. That’s why I went with the cheap bed. But if you bought bed for $5 and paid with $5 PALS reward system would see $0 spent.

If you actually want a pet bed, you could buy e.g. $19.99 bed, pay with $15 PALS rewards and $4.99 oop. Get back $10 PALS reward.

But now I have $10 PALS reward which I’m going to use on cat food.

I know its not your brand, but there’s an instore promo: buy 1 small bag Science Diet earn $5 PALS and buy 1 large bag Science Diet earn $10 PALS.

I’m going to use the $10 from the pet bed to buy a small bag ($12xx I think), pay the difference with gift card and get back another $5 PALS reward.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons so if I bought a $5 bed and paid with PALS reward I would still get the $10, or do I need to spend at least $5.01?

• 500 Club

@dangeruss you have to spend $5.01. Buy $5 bed and a biscuit from the biscuit bar I guess. Although having done that in the past, I suggest getting something your dog might actually like. Cats ignored the biscuits.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss this is the awful bed I got.
    When I bought it, it was $3.99. Now $6.99. If you bought it and used $5 PALS & $1.99 oop you’d get $10 PALS back.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss This is a much nicer bed and will be 50% off all month IIRC.
    How large is your dog?
    You could buy this bed, use a $5 PALS reward and $4.99 oop. Get back $10 PALS.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons said in Petco $10 PALS Reward wyb Pet Bed thru 12-31-17. Possible MM:

@dangeruss This is a much nicer bed and will be 50% off all month IIRC.
    How large is your dog?
    You could buy this bed, use a $5 PALS reward and $4.99 oop. Get back $10 PALS.

I’d rather get this and a small filler and use $10 PALS reward… although I don’t think I can… I already loaded all my PALS rewards (big mistake apparently) and they will all try to apply. I have $25 in PALS rewards.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss call CS and get them unloaded.

• 500 Club

FYI. I had to get Rewards unloaded twice in the past month. I printed to paper and used them. THEN I tried to buy something that was free w/ coupon and acct tried to apply Rewards. The first set never went away. So then I made another purchase just to use what was still loaded.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss the reason I print to paper is because I use Rewards earned on one acct on my other acct. Technically not allowed and I risk losing the accts and the Rewards.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons said in Petco $10 PALS Reward wyb Pet Bed thru 12-31-17. Possible MM:

@dangeruss the reason I print to paper is because I use Rewards earned on one acct on my other acct. Technically not allowed and I risk losing the accts and the Rewards.

So I would have to use another perks acct with the Bed offer and the printed coupon from this account in order to be able to combine them. Or I would have to call CSR to get it unloaded, which I’m not in a huge hurry to do. I’ve had my fill of talking to CSRs for the day.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss So buy food and pet bed, spend the whole $25 and get back $10. Do you receive Petco emails? Friend just sent me a 20% coupon she’d received.

• administrators

@dangeruss So buy food and pet bed, spend the whole $25 and get back $10. Do you receive Petco emails? Friend just sent me a 20% coupon she’d received.

I do receive emails, but I got nothing. I’m still steaming from when I tried to use the PALS + $10 coupon together. Ended up just going to PetSmart and using the $10 off coupon there and paying more out of pocket, but it’s the principle. Plus PetSmart has better fish so was able to pick up a few.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss I prefer PetSmart as well but if Petco wants to pay me to shop I’ll do it.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss What I learned this past month (my first month of really shopping at Petco) is that its kinda funny how the register allows or doesn’t allow stacking.
    I had $15 in PALS rewards. I was doing PM to dot com price. Register would only allow one $5 Reward.
    If I don’t PM to dot com the register allows me to use as many Rewards as I want.
    If Petco aggrevates you so much, just spend the $25 on food and get outta there.

• 500 Club

Another cat wanted to redeem the $10 PALS wyb pet bed offer.
    That cat searched Petco.com > Cats > Beds & Bedding > Sort by price
    Went to store and bought the first item that came up in Search, a blue cat shaped bed. Surprised at the size but got it anyway. Did a PM to dot com price.

It didn’t clear for the $10 so we called CS. Asked if we should return it. CS said its “bedding” not a “bed”.
    How were we to know it was bedding not a bed?
    CS said if you go to Beds & Bedding on the left side of the page are 3 options: “Beds”, “Blankets & Thows”, “Pads” and this is a "pad"
    CS told me to qualify item had to be "Bed"
    So we both clicked on “Bed”, sorted by price and guess what was the first item?
    So he gave me the $10 PALS.

0_1513274576236_pet bed.jpg

• 500 Club

Thanks for the info. I just checked to be sure the bed I bought in-store several days ago and have not received a $10 credit for is indeed labeled “bed”. I’ll be calling Petco tomorrow. I bought the You & Me Gray Lounger Pet Bed, 40"x30", which my two small dogs love (6-1/2 lb fluffy Heinz 57 mixed breed and 11 lb. wirehaired dachshund) as they sink partway down into the center and it forms a shallow nest around them. Original price $39.99; sale price $19.99.

• 500 Club

@dionaea lol. Toby (pictured above) weighs more than both of your dogs together.
    Toby’s 20 lbs.

• 500 Club

LOL, I’ve heard that Maine Coon Cats get pretty large. Beautiful cat. The bed we ordered was delivered today, and so was the Canidae cat food. Checked my account on Petco, and no $10 reward for either one although there’s an increase in points earned. How long does it take after delivery for the rewards to be credited?

• 500 Club

@dionaea IDK about online orders. Just placed my first one yesterday. I bought Canidae on Saturday. On Monday:
    First thing that shows up is under transaction history. Shows purchase for the amount spent.
    A few hours later shows purchase with 200 pts added.
    A few hours later the Rewards are in the account to be used.

• I just got mine for the Canidae online purchase. Now to get the bed. This is the first one that went smoothly for me.

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs FYI: you’re doing this in the correct order. The Rewards for the Canidae expire 1-31-18. The Rewards for the bed expire in 90 days. So you’re using the first to expire first. If you decide to do the Science Diet offers, they expire Dec. 25 whereas the bed offer expires Dec. 31. Rewards for Science Diet also good for 90 days.

IDK what you were planning to get as a bed. Another of my cats is going to get this bed. Beige, gray and pink are $14.99. Bright blue (linked) and red are $9.99. To earn the $10 Reward we’re going to use just one $5 Reward and pay $4.99 oop. Need to have some oop to qualify for the $10 Reward.

• 500 Club

Why am I receiving the Reward as two $5 Rewards instead of one $10 Reward? Is this SOP? I got two $5 rewards but can’t tell if they’re for the bed or for the Canidae. Looks like another call tomorrow. Sigh.

• 500 Club

@dionaea said in Petco $10 PALS Reward wyb Pet Bed thru 12-31-17. Possible MM:

Why am I receiving the Reward as two $5 Rewards instead of one $10 Reward? Is this SOP? I got two $5 rewards but can’t tell if they’re for the bed or for the Canidae. Looks like another call tomorrow. Sigh.

Yes, that’s SOP. Its easier actually. You have to spend the entire reward so if you don’t want to spend $10 at once you can spend just $5. The expiration date will tell you which promo its for. The Canidae rewards expire Jan. 31, the bed in March.

• 500 Club

Expiration date 2/2/18, so that must be the Canidae reward. Now I know I need to bug them tomorrow about the bed reward. I bought the Canidae a day later than the pet bed. Screwy.

• Well I guess I missed the free shipping days. I was going to get a bed. @my4mainecoons I don’t have to worry about expiring rewards. My biggest dog (140 lbs) is diabetic and eats Wellness Core Reduced Fat Formula. A large bag lasts only 3 weeks. At $60 a bag, I take every discount I can. The other 5 dogs (125, 100, 50, 48, and the little one at 38 lbs) like to eat too.

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs Did you want the bed to have a bed or for the Rewards? Your dogs are as big as your cow. If you were only buying a bed for the Rewards, I can go buy a bed for you. Just need the phone number.

• @my4mainecoons said in Petco $10 PALS Reward wyb Pet Bed thru 12-31-17. Possible MM:

@briarycliffs Did you want the bed to have a bed or for the Rewards? Your dogs are as big as your cow. If you were only buying a bed for the Rewards, I can go buy a bed for you. Just need the phone number.

I was going to buy a nearly break even bed to have another bed. I have lots of beds, but they get worn. We also have 4 cats, and they like to lay in the middle of the extra large dog beds. Thanks for the offer, I will consider it. Hoping they have another free shipping no minimum before the end of the year.

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs Half the Rite Aid cards I use aren’t mine. My friend gets the points and I keep the product. PetCo is next to Staples is <5 miles from home. I’ll be headed back to get another bed before the end of the year (on my friend’s card) so not a big deal for me to read off another phone number.

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs The cheap cat bed is down to $5.99. So use a $5 reward, 99¢ on gc and earn $10 Reward. Just need your phone number.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.