rejected rebate advice needed

• I bought a couple of iPhone SE 3rd gen for $200 back in May. T&C stated 3 months of automatic payment service, which I have completed. they do a weird thing with their rebates where you have to request it, then they email you and you go log on to get a Visa gift card. They are denying my rebate because I never activated the iPhones, i used my own devices for 3 months.
    I chatted with them 3 times and denied each time. I also emailed them and was denied. At this point, I just want my rebate and cancel service. I’m well beyond the return period for the phones too. Any advice on how to escalate this to get the rebates?
    tia
    m

https://www.redpocket.com/rebate
    https://help.redpocket.com/rebate-program-how-it-works T&C
    How does the rebate work?

Red Pocket Mobile rebates are available for qualifying purchases once the criteria for the rebate have been met. This includes but is not limited to months of consecutive service on a qualifying plan, with Auto-pay consistently enabled. The length of time service must remain active, and the eligible plan(s) can vary depending on the rebate offer. You must meet the requirements to qualify within 6 months of the device purchase date. The initial plan purchase does not count toward the 3 consecutive recurring charges.

• 500 Club

Have you already called them? Their CS is probably offshore so that means not getting anywhere without speaking to a supervisor. If that doesn’t work, contact Corporate.

• Global Moderator

I’d have to read the specifics of the original offer you signed up for. What you posted is a generic FAQ from their help page it seems.

I am currently doing a similar thing with a METRO PCS phone that required 30 days of service prepaid and activation which I did. Just paying for the 30 days and letting it lapse, phone will unlock after 6 months in the spring which is about the time I’ll be ready to use it as my main phone (same model but a 2023 version with 5G and some other features mine doesn’t have) and then I’ll sell the one I have.

Did you carefully read the terms? was the deal from SD? typically all the hoops are discussed in those threads from others doing the deal. I’m asking because if it was mentioned about activation and you didn’t you may be SOL. You may be able to sell the phones and recover your money that way if all else fails.

• Global Moderator

@miserly said in rejected rebate advice needed:

I bought a couple of iPhone SE 3rd gen for $200 back in May. T&C stated 3 months of automatic payment service, which I have completed. they do a weird thing with their rebates where you have to request it, then they email you and you go log on to get a Visa gift card. They are denying my rebate because I never activated the iPhones, i used my own devices for 3 months.
    I chatted with them 3 times and denied each time. I also emailed them and was denied. At this point, I just want my rebate and cancel service. I’m well beyond the return period for the phones too. Any advice on how to escalate this to get the rebates?
    tia
    m

https://www.redpocket.com/rebate
    https://help.redpocket.com/rebate-program-how-it-works T&C
    How does the rebate work?

Red Pocket Mobile rebates are available for qualifying purchases once the criteria for the rebate have been met. This includes but is not limited to months of consecutive service on a qualifying plan, with Auto-pay consistently enabled. The length of time service must remain active, and the eligible plan(s) can vary depending on the rebate offer. You must meet the requirements to qualify within 6 months of the device purchase date. The initial plan purchase does not count toward the 3 consecutive recurring charges.

@miserly FYI for future reference, situations like this are best placed in ‘deal discussion’ I’ve moved it there for greater exposure.

• @mistercheap thank you sir!

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.