DEWALT DWS779 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw $349 + FS @ Amazon

• Powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
    Exclusive Back Fence Design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90° and 2x12 at 45°
    Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75% of dust generated.
    Backed by Dewalt’s 3 year limited warranty

• Lowest price ever according to camelcamelcamel. In for 1, thanks!

• Any advice on a stand/table for this?

• Global Moderator

@cigarguy said in DEWALT DWS779 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw $349 + FS @ Amazon:

Any advice on a stand/table for this?

Found this interesting DIY by searching for “table” in the Q&A:
    Q: can this be mounted (fixed) on a workbench, or does it only mount on rails to slide?
    A: Actually I have my own mounted onto a work table I made myself. If you cannot afford to buy a ready made mount like myself then by all means make a wooden worktable for the saw.

I made my own 6 feet long by 18 inches wide, then floored it with 3/4" construction ply leaving a wide enough opening where I bolted the saw for easy cleaning. I then cut several pieces of the ply the height 18" x 2-3/4" and placed them apart equally and placed another layer of the 3/4" ply to form a level layer to match the top of the miter saw. All that was done using scraps of 3/4" construction ply. It will take approx a little more than 1/2 a sheet of ply for the top as I described

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.